Trumps Beginning of the end

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that the key issue here is not so much the actual policy - but the fact that yet again Trump takes decisions in areas he knows nothing about without consulting his administration.
I disagree. The policy is ill-judged and will have damaging consequences for many both within and outwith the USA, so I think that's pretty key. I do, however, agree that the root cause of that is Trump acting without accepting advice (and, apparently in this instance without even seeking advice) from subject matter experts - in this case diplomats and the military - when he is very clearly not competent to make the decision.

Mexico will pay like Britain paid for WW2.

Putin wants the US out.

The Left want the US out - of all wars.

Trump needs to balance the books for his wall...

Trump doesn't fight other peoples fights. He didn't go into Syria - that wasn't his deal - yet he is forced to piss off his mate AND pay for it = BAD DEAL.

The US is in there to keep the war machine happy, but HE never promised them anything over this conflict.

So, I can keep the left happy, keep my mate happy, stop killing people, save money, do away with my pesky advisers, without having to break ANY promises. LETS DO THIS!

It is what happens when a Pres does a job half way, then dissapears only for another Pres to take over. The economy has been suffering from this lack of consistancy problem for years. See, when the Lefties get in they will swap everything around again, just because of an ism. And so the lack of direction [let's vote with moron voters] political future of the West continues. Meanwhile China have just taken the Spratly Islands as just a wee part of their never changing plan. NOW WHERE ARE THE TLVF's ON THAT ISSUE? Musn't attack China, only Trump. Certainly sick and almost certainly illegal, all the while China POWERS ON. Go China!

Well the biggest threat to the world is China,past presidents should have got to grips with them but did not,so Trump is attempting to sort that issue,with regard the Mexican immigrants,just turn the issue around,and suppose that all the Mexican people were educated to university level,and so would be targeting careers and positions in large companies instead of working in the black economy or doing menial work,do you honestly think the media and democrats would be taking the same line as they do now,on a interesting not,I seem to remember reading that by 2030 spanish should be the official language of the US as there will be more people speaking that language than any other.

Well the biggest threat to the world is China,past presidents should have got to grips with them but did not,so Trump is attempting to sort that issue,with regard the Mexican immigrants,just turn the issue around,and suppose that all the Mexican people were educated to university level,and so would be targeting careers and positions in large companies instead of working in the black economy or doing menial work,do you honestly think the media and democrats would be taking the same line as they do now,on a interesting not,I seem to remember reading that by 2030 spanish should be the official language of the US as there will be more people speaking that language than any other.
I think the main issue for Trump is that stopping illegal immigration from Mexico and building the wall was one of the key policies in his elections manifesto, and he has the clock ticking now - i.e. he needs to show some movement on this issue before the next elections.

List of United States cities by Spanish-speaking population - Wikipedia
note :- this is the language spoken at home as opposed to school/workplace
As you might imagine the highest figures are for metropolitan areas and cities that border Mexico and the Carribean seaboard. California and Florida states in particular have a historical element to them also of course.
Spanish language in the United States - Wikipedia
Gives figures for 2015 as 41 million or 13% as Spanish speakers but due to an uneven geographical distribution political sensitivity to the issue is going to vary according to location. What isn't clear is whether any future increase in the Spanish speaking population will reflect an increase in pre-existing populations or a wider geographical spread?
20150314_SRC001.png

this research from the Pew foundation would indicate the latter overlaid by a general decline.
Latino Population Growth and Dispersion in U.S. Slows Since the Recession
quote:-
The nation’s Latino population has long been characterized by its rapid growth and by its wide dispersion to parts of the country that traditionally have had few Latinos. But a new Pew Research Center analysis of U.S. Census Bureau data finds that the growth and dispersion of the U.S. Latino population has slowed since 2007, when the Great Recession started, immigration from Latin America cooled and Latino fertility rates declined sharply.

Trump's Wall is a logical sounding "solution" to a problem, but one that comes at a huge cost - not just the building of it but the patrolling and maintenance of it too - although apparently Mexico will pay for it. Yeah, right...

The trouble is that America has had a schizophrenic attitude to illegal Mexican / Latino migration for decades. All the time that wealthy folk are happy to pay an illegal immigrant peanuts to wash their car or tend their pool / garden / kids then there's a ready way for the illegal immigrant to support themselves and become part of the "American Dream". Trump's argument about "the wall" stopping criminal elements entering America is laughable: they're the ones with the most determination and the support networks to circumvent such barriers.

It's one of those policies that seems good until its put under some proper scrutiny at which point it looks more like the nonsense that it is.

Presumably Donald Trump has never watched the Great Escape movie?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I'd better appologise to st13phil, I may have been a bit turse.

It is a tall order to build a wall and maintain it no doubt. And whether is really works is yet to be proven.

I haven’t read all of this thread and I’m not up on American politics.
But met a white middle class American in Prague a month or so ago. Whilst he was happy to poke fun at Trump, he said that middle class Americans hadn’t had it so good for some time and are content with what their president is doing

I haven’t read all of this thread and I’m not up on American politics.
But met a white middle class American in Prague a month or so ago. Whilst he was happy to poke fun at Trump, he said that middle class Americans hadn’t had it so good for some time and are content with what their president is doing
His critics are saying that the economy booming is not due to anything Trump may have done.

I think the issue is that Trump is marmite - some will never accept him, while for others he can do no wrong.

His critics are saying that the economy booming is not due to anything Trump may have done.

I think the issue is that Trump is marmite - some will never accept him, while for others he can do no wrong.

I think the issue is the TLFV lambast him through the press till he is dead MJ and while that is happening you will attract people like me to him for virtually no other reason. Keep it up TLVF and watch his popularity rise as people finally figure out what the TLVF and Trump stand for.
One is hell bent on changing the very make up of population illegally so they can drag us down to taste the earth [see what has happened to the UK], the other liked it the way it was. The common man in the US is starting to understand this.

How could it really be that South Americans can waltz right accross the boarder into the US anytime they like so close after 911. Good question Jim Bob let's ask Hilliary....

Trump is not an evil man like Bush and his mates, he will get revenge but he is not evil. And he is a Constructer NOT a Trader, that makes a huge difference to his aim, AND THAT is what is making a HUGE difference to the US Economy right now, less than four years in.

Last edited:
Yep the President runs the Pentagon not the Pentagon - right!?

Probably war mongers who are pissed they can't keep it going in Syria...That was a nice little kicker - but don't you worry we'll start something new somewhere else now.

In the meantime how's about China getting to the moon...sounds risky! - We need a star wars defense initiative to cover these guys. Within five years we'll be hearing of this, any takers on a bet...?

I have no sympathy for those creaming it at the Pentagon finding new ways to help hu[wo]manity should they feel the need.

I wonder how many times people have been made redundant at the Pentagon..?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom