Trumps Beginning of the end

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pembssurf

Car
toyota
Ok so until now he has seemed pretty bulletproof. Surely to god this is the beginning of the walls closing him on in? That being said I am highly sceptical this will be the end of the administration!

I think Trump would be OK as part of the administration but as President, no, but that would never satisfy someone like him.
He is a complete tool but is doing what he was voted in to do which was to protect US based jobs even if his methods are unorthodox at best.

Almost? I think the word you're looking for is 'definitely'...

The one thing I found refreshing was the complete lack of a filter between brain and mouth. Ask a normal politician a question and you will get a carefully filtered reply, at worst a lie and at best an answer to a question you didn't even ask.

Trump just streams whatever's in his head at the time.

I believe the people around him know what they are doing however I am of the opinion he is clueless, almost delusional

You think that they people who elected him weren't aware?

It was a choice between Clinton or Trump. They chose the best option.

But where's your history? Reagan, Clinton and Bush brass-necked their way through worse disasters.

The best hope that America has is Pocahontas in 2020, but she's still unlikely to run, let alone win.

Trump's sitting on what is about to be the biggest bull run in American history. Unless it crashes before 2020 (which it could), he's unassailable.

Carville+feature.jpg

Last edited:
^ True, and consequently his biggest opponent will be himself.

antiTrump

I think Trump would be OK as part of the administration but as President, no, but that would never satisfy someone like him.
He is a complete tool but is doing what he was voted in to do which was to protect US based jobs even if his methods are unorthodox at best.
But...is he protecting jobs? He is having to pay HUGE subsidies to farmers because of tariffs.

The one thing I found refreshing was the complete lack of a filter between brain and mouth. Ask a normal politician a question and you will get a carefully filtered reply, at worst a lie and at best an answer to a question you didn't even ask.

Trump just streams whatever's in his head at the time.

...which are mostly lies.

But where's your history? Reagan, Clinton and Bush brass-necked their way through worse disasters.

The best hope that America has is Pocahontas in 2020, but she's still unlikely to run, let alone win.

Trump's sitting on what is about to be the biggest bull run in American history. Unless it crashes before 2020 (which it could), he's unassailable.

Carville+feature.jpg

So, the mid terms will not matter?

A man is judged by the company he keeps, and a company is judged by the men it keeps, and the people of Democratic nations are judged by the type and caliber of officers they elect. William J. H. Boetcker.
Several Americans have told me that altho they dislike Trump they fear Mike Pence
18-mike-pence.w710.h473.jpg

and for those too young????
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

A man is judged by the company he keeps, and a company is judged by the men it keeps, and the people of Democratic nations are judged by the type and caliber of officers they elect. William J. H. Boetcker.
Several Americans have told me that altho they dislike Trump they fear Mike Pence
5a78c9f6ca56a.image.jpg

and for those too young????
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Pence should fear Trump...it's likely Trump will choose a different running mate for 2020...if still in office.

So, the mid terms will not matter?

How can the mid-terms matter to a man who has the support of Senate and Congress? A man who has laughed off barracking at home and abroad?

What matters is whether the Democrats can get their "act" together and come up with a plausible candidate for 2020. Hopefully one that would be less than 70 when she takes office, and one that isn't as universally loathed as Hillary was, from the day she was confirmed by the Primaries.

It's easy to wear European tinted glasses and think that Trump isn't popular in the States. Not only was he elected, he has created an economic boom, and is on the cusp of the longest bull run in American history. We may not like him (I don't), but Americans seem to like him more than ever with a 2nd year approval rating of 54%, well (10+% points) ahead of Carter, Reagan, Clinton and Obama.

Remember Presidents normally run for two terms unless they've done something seriously, seriously wrong, which basically means get caught out by a major Recession. (So maybe pray for a US recession).

Last edited:
Americans (the majority) don't love him. He won, not, the popular vote, by 3 million.

The economic boom started with 44 and is just continuing.

His approval rate is 40%...where did you get 54%?

My money is on the Teflon shield holding up.

He's been hammered during and after the elections in every possible way, and his resilience is nothing short of astonishing.

I wouldn't write him off any time soon.

No they didn't - Clinton won more votes.

No they didn't - the last President with this much smelly stuff around him was Nixon.

Not only was he elected, he has created an economic boom...

No he hasn't - you're giving him rather a lot of credit for an economic upswing.

I can't make my mind up about Trump.

I read a book about him long before he was globally famous and he came across like a total loon, the author clearly had an agenda so I took it in that light.

Now, I'm not convinced whether he is very stupid or very clever.

He creates chaos around himself which might be a ploy to get what he wants by unsettling everyone else, I've seen it happen in a corporate environment but the thought of it being used on such an important stage is, frankly, alarming.

Time will tell I guess but you can't say that he's boring!

Mr. Pee is like teflon.
Maybe he did a Slick50 treatment some time ago? :cool:
Slick as a weasel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom