Trumps Beginning of the end

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lizzy is hardly of Gavara standard,
she got one foot in the door and left when some one pushed her.
She tells us crying "this is a revolution". But this isn't her turn, although she did.

I can hear her screaming "next time round it will be a revolution" before she falls off the merry go round.

Shouldn't be too hard to catch up with her if the FBI did want to.

But I think her parents have covered her tracks pretty well 😂

When they knocked on the door, the people inside claimed they didn't know the woman. However, neighbors very quickly identified the woman as an Elizabeth whose parents did in fact live at the address that was reflected in the public record.

I don't know if she is an Elizabeth as she sounds more like a Karen.

“I came to burn the place to the ground and they pushed me! Where are my rights? This is the worst revolution I’ve ever been to! I wanna talk to the manager!”

I realise it’s not remotely on the same scale of badness, but I wonder if those “patriots” who believed they were following Trump’s alleged incitement to storm the Capitol, now feel like those remaining in the bunker when Hitler jumped ship?

rafael-cancel-miranda-obit.jpg

A HISTORICAL NOTE----

Up to the Republican Senators now? Needs 17 of them to vote for impeachment.
He will most likely have left office before the senate convene to debate and vote on this historic second impeachment. My guess is that tempers will have cooled a little and there won’t be enough Republican votes in the senate to get a conviction, and Trump will get away with his actions... as per usual. He’ll have pardoned himself and his cronies before leaving the Whitehouse anyway.

My guess is that he will wear the double-impeachment as a badge-of-honour - with his followers convinced more than ever that he is the true keeper of freedoms who invoked the wrath of the oppressing old establishment.

I wouldn't impeach him - I'd let him quietly fade out of the lime light, let him exit the stage, and hopefully slide into oblivion.

He will most likely have left office before the senate convene to debate and vote on this historic second impeachment. My guess is that tempers will have cooled a little and there won’t be enough Republican votes in the senate to get a conviction, and Trump will get away with his actions... as per usual. He’ll have pardoned himself and his cronies before leaving the Whitehouse anyway.
Well, a lot can happen between now and then. He has been impeached for a second time so he is winning at something.

I wouldn't impeach him - I'd let him quietly fade out of the lime light, let him exit the stage, and hopefully slide into oblivion.
I think by impeaching him now and finding him guilty within 100 days of the new president taking office means Trump cannot stand again for (any) office and will forfeit all trappings of an ex-president (residences, pension, privileges etc..). Just to let him leave office will have the threat of him running again hanging over the presidency for many years..

My guess is that he will wear the double-impeachment as a badge-of-honour - with his followers convinced more than ever that he is the true keeper of freedoms who invoked the wrath of the oppressing old establishment.

I fully agree.

Though I think it’s a difficult one. He needs to held to account for inciting the events of Wednesday afternoon and it needs to be visible.

I think by impeaching him now and finding him guilty within 100 days of the new president taking office means Trump cannot stand again for (any) office and will forfeit all trappings of an ex-president (residences, pension, privileges etc..). Just to let him leave office will have the threat of him running again hanging over the presidency for many years..

Possibly, but it's a risky strategy. Trump disqualified from running again might not be what America needs right now - his followers will cause trouble for years to come. Trump not being elected by the Republicans as their candidate for the 2024 elections is another matter (even if he does run as an independent, and loses).

Possibly, but it's a risky strategy. Trump disqualified from running again might not be what America needs right now - his followers will cause trouble for years to come. Trump not being elected by the Republicans as their candidate for the 2024 elections is another matter (even if he does run as an independent, and loses).
Well, the opposite of that is allowing him a second crack at the Presidency, and possibly winning a 2nd term, which would mean another 4 years of mayhem, and again another battle to get him out? One of the reasons the Capitol was basically unprotected was the idea that this kind of thing could never happen in America.... banana republics, and others? Yes. but America ????? Crazy idea man, your joking !!! No way!!! Yet it happened. So whose to say that after another 4 years, he might pull a Vladimir Putin President -for-Life Coup, with guaranteed immunity for life for any transgressions committed during his presidency. ???? Would I put that scenario past him? No, I would not.... Then there's his position within the Republican party.. He has caused serious reputational damage to the them...they are losing financial donors big time, and thats something that the party takes seriously, and when you get an out and out Replublican like Arnold Swarznegger making a video publicly denouncing Trump, and calling him the worst President in American History, there are serious rifts within the party now, and all down to Trump.

Last edited:

That's a dangerous path to go down. If as president he attempted insurrection and tried reverse the result of a legal election, then it behoves the law givers to give recognition to those facts-- and act accordingly this despite what the chances of prosecution success are ----by acting in any other way you change the narrative-- which is exactly what Trump is trying to do by his various volte face statements--------- Trump is a sick man ----he is never going to fade away quietly - he's merely starting his re-election campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom