Trumps Beginning of the end

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a dangerous path to go down. If as president he attempted insurrection and tried reverse the result of a legal election, then it behoves the law givers to give recognition to those facts-- and act accordingly this despite what the chances of prosecution success are ----by acting in any other way you change the narrative-- which is exactly what Trump is trying to do by his various volte face statements--------- Trump is a sick man ----he is never going to fade away quietly - he's merely starting his re-election campaign
Difference now though is that he does not have the 100% onconditional support of the republican party, even if he can shrug of the impeachment charges, plus there is the possibility that he could be criminally charged, which potentially could be much worse for him.

Difference now though is that he does not have the 100% onconditional support of the republican party, even if he can shrug of the impeachment charges, plus there is the possibility that he could be criminally charged, which potentially could be much worse for him.

Ignoring the final part of this post (it's right, nothing more to say), the Republican party is in disarray, it's fracturing.
Unless they manage to get Trump out of the party, permenantly, they could be out of power for a while yet.

Ignoring the final part of this post (it's right, nothing more to say), the Republican party is in disarray, it's fracturing.
Unless they manage to get Trump out of the party, permenantly, they could be out of power for a while yet.
100% right. Their recent action's prove it beyond doubt. But even worse than the damage to the Republican Party, is the damage he has done to America's reputation world wide.....and can it be repaired? That's the billion ( or more) dollar question....

just another day at the seat of US government.
2021-01-13T132520Z_2026640774_RC217L9OHAKO_RTRMADP_3_USA-TRUMP.JPG

Where are their weapons?
Currently in the Armoury under lock and key......but don't worry, they will fully armed on the day ( and even before it..) And not only on the ground, but in the air above as well ...expect to see a few blackhawks circling around.

If I'm honest, I'm surprised that Mr Trump survived to full term
I fully expected the NSA or the CIA or one of the other 3 letter organisations over there, to arrange his imminent demise.

If I'm honest, I'm surprised that Mr Trump survived to full term
I fully expected the NSA or the CIA or one of the other 3 letter organisations over there, to arrange his imminent demise.
You may remember that he replaced a lot of the heads of these services with his own nominees.....

Strange, I see several primary weapons, but surely they'd all have their sidearms on them.
How really weird

Reuters and CNN (if correct / believed) have credible threats reported to Joe Biden.
The Secret Service and their cousins will need to be on their toes as it's believable that some of the followers (as it's a quasi cult) might decide to do it for their leader / Messiah

Strange, I see several primary weapons, but surely they'd all have their sidearms on them.
How really weird

Reuters and CNN (if correct / believed) have credible threats reported to Joe Biden.
The Secret Service and their cousins will need to be on their toes as it's believable that some of the followers (as it's a quasi cult) might decide to do it for their leader / Messiah

Some people will go as far blowing themselves up for their beliefs... indoctrination is a powerful weapon, in any setting - religious, ethnic, political, etc.

Yes, but where were they on 6th January, that's what I want to know........
Doing as they were told... nothing.

For the BLM protest, I think DJT called in the National Guard ahead of time.

On Jan 6th he didn‘t do much beside rev-up his assembled masses during his speech at The Elipse and direct them to the Capitol building.

Though White House officials have apparently said that Trump eventually called in the guard, at the time it seems the Mike Pence actually made the call, reacting to the mob breaking into the Capitol. My guess is that it’s always likely to be more difficult to peacefully recover a situation like that.

I think there is more to come about the lack of military involvement during the attempted coup.
I did read that Trump requested a lot of military beforehand but it was rejected. Could it be that it couldn't be guaranteed that they would not support the coup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom