Trumps Beginning of the end

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There will be quite a few people echoing part of Martin Luther King's speech tomorrow which includes the famous quote “Free at last! Free at last! Thank God Almighty, we are free at last!”

Last edited:
There will be quite a few people thinking of Martin Luther King's speech tomorrow which includes the famous quote “Free at last! Free at last! Thank God Almighty, we are free at last!”
The one I like says. "Freedom is not merely to cast off ones chains, but to live in a way that Respects and Enhances the Freedom of others".Nelson Mandela. The problem with the USA and even our UK too perhaps, / maybe to a slightly lesser degree is that, that word 'Respect,' is almost disappearing from our vocabulary.

The one I like says. "Freedom is not merely to cast off ones chains, but to live in a way that Respects and Enhances the Freedom of others".Nelson Mandela. The problem with the USA and even our UK too perhaps, / maybe to a slightly lesser degree is that, that word 'Respect,' is almost disappearing from our vocabulary.
Respect and compliance are dirty words today. Both seen as indicative of weakness.

As for Trump, I had hoped so much that he was way smarter than he appeared to be.
That he was not a life-long politician was I thought a potential benefit.
Bringing some unpredictability into the equation might have moved some of the stickier political positions along, I thought...

Nope, not even close. ☹️

It went out with "Snowflakes," "Woke", " Women's bra burning and liberation" "wall flowers,"
Pansies poofs and gay boys, Coloured people no longer exist, in my day they were Darkies, today they are simply "Black. Young children seeking gender realignment , and being told, Why Not? Just do it! Don't get me started on knee bending , those policeman should be left to rot, and there's been a few more since. It's not only the weather that's gone tits up, Respect, Compliance, it's sliding away quicker than you could say Jack S ## T! I rest my case m'lud! Goodnight 💤.

Yes, whatever happened to free speech?

We used to have a few Trump supporters on the forum... but it seems that they are keeping away from this thread now.

Yes, whatever happened to free speech?
Nothing on the forum; Trump supporters are still free to air their opinions on here. Nobody likes admitting they're stupid, though, so they don't...

Respect, Compliance, it's sliding away quicker than you could say Jack S ## T! I rest my case m'lud! Goodnight 💤

You not saying that to any judge,
they're out of there by half 2. It takes time to spend all that lovely money ya know.

We used to have a few Trump supporters on the forum... but it seems that they are keeping away from this thread now.
There were quite a range of supporters - and people maybe need to be reminded of the number who voted for him. (Though it would be interesting to find out if his behaviour since the election has had impact on them).

The media tend to focus on the edge cases - an outraged and self-righteous media are in their own way as bad as Mr Trump in picking out and emphasising only the bits of the real story that suit the version of the story they want to tell.

There were quite a range of supporters - and people maybe need to be reminded of the number who voted for him. (Though it would be interesting to find out if his behaviour since the election has had impact on them).

The media tend to focus on the edge cases - an outraged and self-righteous media are in their own way as bad as Mr Trump in picking out and emphasising only the bits of the real story that suit the version of the story they want to tell.

True, however, as I pointed-out previously, of the 74m who voted for Trump that would be some (or many) who - in their minds - voted Republican, as opposed to 'voted for Trump'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom