Trusting Dealers..Yes some !!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

petef

Car
Mercedes 200C
I recently saw a citroen Berlingo advertised on auto trader in green ( which I need )...I contacted the seller Sea View Motors in Sunderland. The garage owner said it was his brothers car and he was advertising it for him. Now I dont trust many people,( especially car dealers ) and after reading a few posts on this site recently I have trusted them less..........HOWEVER ! I went with my gut instinct, this was a family buisness and the guy just sounded genuine... the van had full citroen history, one previous owner, immaculate car....I live near Chester so a long drive, but the seller assured me he would not let me drive all the way if it was anything less than what he was describing.....I put £50 deposit on the motor on my visa as the car was generating a lot of interest. I stayed at my friends in the Lakes over the weekend but took the 80 mile trip to Sunderland on saturday. The van was immaculate and just as the seller described.I did the deal in their fathers house, a lovely fella surrouded by his grand kids, (who had a crackin porsche in the garage ! ) ... Its so nice to meet genuine guys and being able to trust people in the sad world of today......having met numerous undesireables in my time I just new after speaking to these people that this was right......So if anyone is thinkin of buying from a genuine car dealer then go to Sea View Motors !!!!!...Sunderland !!!!....

Thank goodness, I was reading that through and waiting for some terrible punchline! Nice to have a bit of balance as these forums tend to highlight bad experiences with dealers!

I recently saw a citroen Berlingo advertised on auto trader in green ( which I need )...I contacted the seller Sea View Motors in Sunderland. The garage owner said it was his brothers car and he was advertising it for him. Now I dont trust many people,( especially car dealers ) and after reading a few posts on this site recently I have trusted them less..........HOWEVER ! I went with my gut instinct, this was a family buisness and the guy just sounded genuine... the van had full citroen history, one previous owner, immaculate car....I live near Chester so a long drive, but the seller assured me he would not let me drive all the way if it was anything less than what he was describing.....I put £50 deposit on the motor on my visa as the car was generating a lot of interest. I stayed at my friends in the Lakes over the weekend but took the 80 mile trip to Sunderland on saturday. The van was immaculate and just as the seller described.I did the deal in their fathers house, a lovely fella surrouded by his grand kids, (who had a crackin porsche in the garage ! ) ... Its so nice to meet genuine guys and being able to trust people in the sad world of today......having met numerous undesireables in my time I just new after speaking to these people that this was right......So if anyone is thinkin of buying from a genuine car dealer then go to Sea View Motors !!!!!...Sunderland !!!!....

Is it green as i have just had my berlingo robbed while i was in sunderland last week

Just kidding :bannana: :bannana:

Interesting choice.

Good to hear of a decent dealer once in a while....

Not everyone in the motor-trade are crooks. I am doing my upmost to keep my reputation as being honest and trustworthy. Its not hard to do just dont BS and be friendly and don't rip people off.

Not everyone in the motor-trade are crooks. I am doing my upmost to keep my reputation as being honest and trustworthy. Its not hard to do just dont BS and be friendly and don't rip people off.

You're right its not hard. Politeness and honesty I believe can either make or break a dealer. Unfortunately some traders just treat punters like idiots. I am sure you meet some, but thats part of every day life if you deal with members of the public on a day to day basis....but you manage them !

I was in our local chemist last week and the two women behind the counter kept slagging off customers (when the customers had left the shop) for the most stupid thing..... I felt the whoosh from my boots up and was just going to interject and pull them up...but in a crowded chemist it would have been embarrasing:eek: ....so i did the usual thing that moaning older men:eek: ( 45 yrs ) do ..I penned a letter to the appropriate area manager.:mad:

I was in our local chemist last week and the two women behind the counter kept slagging off customers (when the customers had left the shop) for the most stupid thing..... I felt the whoosh from my boots up and was just going to interject and pull them up...but in a crowded chemist it would have been embarrasing:eek: ....so i did the usual thing that moaning older men:eek: ( 45 yrs ) do ..I penned a letter to the appropriate area manager.:mad:

Hmmm, take it you don't do confrontation then? Or perhaps you felt outnumbered by two women? Wait till you're a bit older and you're a grumpy old man.
Wonder what they said about you after you'd left the shop?
:)
Ron

Hmmm, take it you don't do confrontation then? Or perhaps you felt outnumbered by two women? Wait till you're a bit older and you're a grumpy old man.
Wonder what they said about you after you'd left the shop?
:)
Ron

I did do confrontataion when I was younger... and now I am wiser..:eek: ( hopefuly )... and older..:eek: .. have learnt the hard way, and that it can get you into a lot of trouble.....interesting that you are doing it the other way round though.........:confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom