Try this detailer in Glos./Cheltenham area.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

forrester123

Car
E 320
I have an E320, 03 vintage with only 58k on the clock, so is in good condition. However, during its 13 years, it has only had the usual wash & vac. when needed.
Decided to give it a good going over, so booked Mobivaleting, based in Gloucester, to do the job.
They arrived [2] in a self contained van & only require a 240v point.
I specified a full exterior valet inc. claying the paintwork, waxing & engine compartment clean. The interior was vacced, carpets shampoed, leather seats treated & all trim done. They only use Autoglym products.
They covered every inch of the car & took 4 hours.
The end result was A1 & for £120 was a bargain.

Well my friend if your happy then your happy, but for me you have been ripped off!
Firstly - to wash a car correctly it takes from start to finish 1 hour, you have to wash the car first before claying the paintwork as you know.
Now onto claying a car - i have clayed many a car, and an E Class aint small, to do it correctly takes me at least 1 to 2 hrs - can you see where i am going here with how long it takes?
Unless one guy was inside doing the interior while the other washed and clayed your paintwork, which i very much doubt? - may be wrong here?
To clean and protect a full leather interior - i reckon 2 hrs at least.
Shampooing carpets - again at least an hour, then another hour with the heaters full on to dry them - or did they leave them wet?
Then waxing your car - ok 2 of them one putting on and the other buffing off, lets say 30mins?
Engine clean and dressed - another 30mins at least!
Have you checked your paint in the sunlight after its been clayed? - a clay bar is an abrasive, it nearly always leaves " marring " afterwards, thats why i and most pro detailers will always machine polish a car afterwards to remove the surface marring.
Even with 2 men doing the work, i would estimate 6 to 8 hrs work, done correctly.
For all the above i would have estimated a price of around £200 to £250, but if your happy thats all that matters.
PS are you Mobivaleting by any chance?

I am no expert in car detailing, but the finished result was excellent value for money and I was well pleased.
As said it's 13 years old,so not worth spending a shed load of cash, but they did all I wanted to keep it looking a smart motor. {I am 78}

I have an E320, 03 vintage with only 58k on the clock, so is in good condition. However, during its 13 years, it has only had the usual wash & vac. when needed.
Decided to give it a good going over, so booked Mobivaleting, based in Gloucester, to do the job.
They arrived [2] in a self contained van & only require a 240v point.
I specified a full exterior valet inc. claying the paintwork, waxing & engine compartment clean. The interior was vacced, carpets shampoed, leather seats treated & all trim done. They only use Autoglym products.
They covered every inch of the car & took 4 hours.
The end result was A1 & for £120 was a bargain.

I Amy give them a call I have heard lots of good comments about their service.

Anyone else used these guys or had good experience from others in Glos/Cheltenham area?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom