Trying to get to know my C220

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Vinney222

Car
Mercedes E240 W211 2.6 petrol. 2002.
Hi,
My C220 is fairly basic, so I was looking to see what upgrades I might be able to do (without changing the car), but the first thing I notice is that I don't know enough about the car as it stands. It's a 2011 C220 SE, and I believe it's a W204. Looking at the Comand unit installed and I think it is an NTG4 but unsure as I don't know if my model is the pre or post "facelift"? Google says the NTG4 is the flip down screen, but mine is set in the dash. I wanted to post a few pics of the car but I'm guessing I can't because I'm a new member with less than 30 posts? Also, I wanted to know if there are any map updates available? But how do I check current version to see if there are updates available?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I'll continue with google.
Thanks

Your car is the W204 facelift (2011-2014), and the COMAND system is NTG4.5.

Said that, not all cars had COMAND, some came with the more basic Audio20 unit.

You can update the map youself.

You will need the maps DVD. I believe the latest NTG4.5/4.7 European maps DVD set is V15.0 P/N A172 827 38 00 (A1728273800).

In addition you will also need to purchase a PIN code from a Mercedes Benz dealer.

Once you have the maps DVD and the PIN code (which will be unique to your vehicle), you can then carry-out the maps update.

But - it is also possible to update the firmware on the COMAND unit so that you also get the latest software (i.e. not just the latest maps). If you want to do that, then I suggest you talk to Alfie or Richard at www.comandonline.co.uk .

They can also advise re other upgrades e.g. DAB radio, speakers upgrade, etc.

Appreciated

That's great guys, very helpful. Thank you very much.

I doubt you'd have COMAND on your C220 SE. More likely to be a Becker Map Pilot.

I think some people on here can help pull out the full details of your car if you supply a VIN

How would I know which I had?
Or should I post the question in the electronics section?
Thanks

There is no reason your 2011 doesnt have Comand as a lot of edition 125 were produced in 2011 which basically had Comand fitted as standard. If it plays a dvd it has Comand surely.
My SE has it fitted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom