Trying to help someone who contacted me through ebay

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ioweddie

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
AMG Line Premier Plus Estate C220d
Dear ioweddie,

Hi bob6600
I’m sorry contacting you through eBay but I joined mbclub to ask you if it’s possible to still get a vin number from a reg. but I can’t seem to ask any questions on the forum. I am building a series Land Rover but can’t find the vin. I only have the reg can you help. Sorry if this is taking the p#*< contacting you this way but I didn’t know what else to do
Regards shane

Chassis Numbering​

CHASSIS NUMBERING​

Where is Your Chassis/Serial Number?​

• 80 inch models:
    • The chassis number can be found on the nearside engine mounting and on the brass plate on the nearside of the bulkhead. Later vehicles had the plate positioned inside the cab.
  • 86 & 107 models:
    • The chassis number can be found on the bulkhead inside the vehicle and on the right hand front spring hanger. Note: We've gotten a report of an 86" with the chassis number on the left hand *rear* spring hanger and nothing on the RH Front. So check both places.
  • 88 & 109 models:
    • The chassis number can be found on the bulkhead inside the vehicle and on the right hand front spring hanger.
  • Series III 109" V8 (Stage I)
    • The chassis number can be found on the firewall in the engine bay and on the right hand front spring hanger. (Though Daryl Webb claims "LHR" whatever that means)
  • 90, 110, 130 & Defenders:
    • Found in the behind Rover's left front corner of the windshield
      Stamped on plate Riveted to the top of the brake pedal box in the engine compartment
      Stamped on the right-hand side of the chassis forward the spring mounting turret

Mini finance website will give vin from reg number

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom