Trying to stop smoking

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I think smokers and drinkers should be applauded.
The revenue they generate in taxes far outweighs any loading they put on the NHS . My efforts to fill my recycling glass bin is heroic.
Drivers of large engined cars, petrol and diesel should be applauded in the same manner. I also eat enormous portions of meat, thereby supporting farmers.
I am expecting to hear about a knighthood anytime soon.

I often wonder what my neighbours think when I put my glass recycling bin out......:)

The thing we all overlook is the impact of passive smoking on people around us. I see people in smoke (not vapour) filled cars with kids in the back seat.......:wallbash:

that was our family back in the 70’s/80’s. mum & dad smoking their heads off. My sisters an I in the back seat struggling to breathe:

“Dad, can we have a window down?”

‘No, it’s too cold, stop bloody moaning!!!’

I REALLY resent them for that. Long car journeys down to Cornwall a few times a year too. It’s was awful.

Anyhow, neither me or my sisters have ever smoked, nor our spouses, nor any of our kids. Coincidence? I doubt it.

I went back to see my lady GP this afternoon about my heavy smoking problem and excessive masturbation antics.

I said I felt pleased I had managed to cut down from 30 a day to around 6-7 and concentrated on the ones I really enjoy - first thing in the morning with a cuppa, after a nice meal and the ones when I have a couple of pints.

I said I made a real effort to cut out those in the car park before a meeting, those in the car, waiting for the bus and the crafty one out of the toilet window on the train.

"Well done you" she said.

Then she threw a hissy fit when I told her I wasn't having much luck stopping smoking. Weirdo or what?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom