Trying to stop smoking

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Stay off 'em matey.
My wife is still smoking and it's starting to cause some major problems in our house.

Stay off 'em matey.
My wife is still smoking and it's starting to cause some major problems in our house.

It absolutely stinks. Tell her if she doesn't pack it in, you'll throw her out.

NB - I'll put you up, after you've told her.

Sent from my Apple product using Crapatalk

CLSMark said:
It absolutely stinks. Tell her if she doesn't pack it in, you'll throw her out. NB - I'll put you up, after you've told her. Sent from my Apple product using Crapatalk
She has been on sick leave since January and so she is forever asking me for fag money. I obviously say no because I gave up and so I'm not paying for for hers. You can see the problem.

She has been on sick leave since January and so she is forever asking me for fag money. I obviously say no because I gave up and so I'm not paying for for hers. You can see the problem.

Sorry to hear that. If it's giving her a wee crutch whilst on the sick, so be it. But they are expensive and certainly not conducive to good health. All I could suggest is trying to get her on rollies, bit cheaper and last longer.

Sent from my Apple product using Crapatalk

Been on a PASMA course today with 8 work colleagues aged from 20 up to 50 (me).

Only 1 smoker!

9960978a694620799784c9a65aae7216.jpg

Wish me luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Good Luck Mark. (Again. :D)

:thumb:

I've been stopped smoking seven year now, did it at "first attempt" too and the way I did that was to tell myself that if I was going to put myself through the withdrawal symptoms then don't be a fecking plant pot and go back to smoking after doing the hard bit.

My secretary smokes and she keeps threatening to stop the 10 a day habit she's got, I've told her to either get on with it or stop boring me by saying she's going to do it.

Either stop or just keep smoking and don't kid yourself, at least if you're going to smoke you may as well relax and enjoy it.

Got to do it, kids and Mrs Mark constantly giving me earache. Plus starting a new job, which entails a lot of office time. Don't want to start and be constantly thinking of fags and getting out

Three suggestions:

1 - Think of some expensive but frivolous thing you'd like but it's not practical to buy. Start saving for it by putting the money you'd otherwise spend on fags in a glass jar and watch it grow! With any luck you'll get more interested in the money than the cigarettes.

2 - Do things you don't associate with smoking. For instance I'd never smoked in bed, so when I came home from the office I went straight to bed and watched TV or listened to the radio or read.

3 - If you do anything for fitness, do more of it. When you've finished a session tell yourself what a waste it is to light up a fag afterwards.

BernardB said:
Three suggestions: 1 - Think of some expensive but frivolous thing you'd like but it's not practical to buy. Start saving for it by putting the money you'd otherwise spend on fags in a glass jar and watch it grow! With any luck you'll get more interested in the money than the cigarettes. 2 - Do things you don't associate with smoking. For instance I'd never smoked in bed, so when I came home from the office I went straight to bed and watched TV or listened to the radio or read. 3 - If you do anything for fitness, do more of it. When you've finished a session tell yourself what a waste it is to light up a fag afterwards.
I never could've done point number 1. As soon as there was a good few quid I would've spent it.

You have to admire smokers these days, so little opportunity yet they still manage to find a time and a place, sheer commitment that what it is.

Still clean. And feel absolutely fine. I have no cravings at all. Last time I quit I remember going through hell. Strange

Patches do actually work then.

Last edited:
CLSMark said:
Still clean. And feel absolutely fine. I have no cravings at all. Last time I quit I remember going through hell. Strange Patches do actually work then. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Top man.

I'm in Greece for 8 months of the year. Even the nursery kids are on 40 a day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom