Tuners in Essex area - Recommendations

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JonnyH

Car
GLC43
Good morning all,

I have seen a few posts on here re: tuning - however I wanted to ask if anyone has had any experiences with tuners around the Essex area and are happy with the results? I am potentially looking to tune my GLC43 but still yet to find a reputable company to hand the car over to!

What tuners did you use? What sort of increases did you see? What type of tune did you go for, I.e. plugin tuning box, dyno tune, ecu flash etc....?

I think I am having an early mid-life crisis!
biggrin.gif

thanks,
Jon

Contact GAD Tuning in Burnham on Crouch for some ideas regarding figures and what you want. They can custom map software depending upon your driving and what exactly you want from electronic tuning. A trusted tuner with real investment in equipment and not some pop up shop with a laptop or two.

+1 for GAD.

I've just booked in my CLK with them, tune day is on the 27th, full custom remap on the dyno. I'll let you know the results but they're estimating +30hp and +80nm torque as well as the ability to fine tune the map to my particular driving style. From what they tell me they have a recently refurbed waiting area too so I think it'll be a great day with them.

Thanks guys,

I've just sent them an email just to get some information to begin with. Will follow up with a phone call when I get some free time from work today!

Any other experiences from anyone else - other tuners etc....?

Thanks,
Jon

I had my car tuned by DMS in Southampton. Great knowledge, huge performance gains with some loss of economy but no complaints and no mechanical issues so far. Had the Limited Slip Diff done there too. Long trip from Essex and I would want a rolling road and to see what else they are woking on before spending my money.

I recently had my C32 mapped by AMD Tuning - www.amdtuning.com/ - after adding a new cold air intake and also to see how it was running in general. A good rolling road session can show up much more than just a BHP number!

They were very professional, yet friendly, and talked me through everything. Try them, I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

Prestige performance London (MSL London branch) , give JD a call and see wht they can do for you. They have their own 4 wheel dyno room too for before and after readings.

Good morning all,

I have seen a few posts on here re: tuning - however I wanted to ask if anyone has had any experiences with tuners around the Essex area and are happy with the results? I am potentially looking to tune my GLC43 but still yet to find a reputable company to hand the car over to!

What tuners did you use? What sort of increases did you see? What type of tune did you go for, I.e. plugin tuning box, dyno tune, ecu flash etc....?

I think I am having an early mid-life crisis!
biggrin.gif

thanks,
Jon

If you run the 43 engine on v power the car makes around 390 bhp standard. Don't let MB 360 bhp lying figures fool you I seen it so many times.

And a remap will see the car to 420-430 bhp they are very good engines you won't notice much 0-70 But after 70 is where the remap takes it's own

Thanks SquabzZz,

I started using V-power from day 1 of ownership and haven't used anything else 7 months in.

To be honest I am still debating whether to go down the tuning route or not. Who to use if I did decide to go ahead is another story:

GAD have quoted me £650 excel.VAT with gains of around +55hp and around +100nm of torque. Everything done in-house and whilst i wait.

MSL have quoted the same sort of price with similar figures but it would involve sending my ECU over to the States to Eurocharged.

Superchips seem to quote huge gains at £509 claiming +83hp and +107nm. Again this would be done in house.

Decisions decisions!

Regards,
Jon

GAD have quoted me £650 excel.VAT with gains of around +55hp and around +100nm of torque. Everything done in-house and whilst i wait.

Not quite sure where "excel" came from! Was supposed to read "including". I'm going to blame my phone's auto-correct..... :rolleyes::oops:

Well......I have bit the bullet and pencilled into the diary a trip to GAD on the 8th November :D

Well.....after having a lengthy conversation with GAD over the phone - I learnt that the rolling road they have does not cater for 4wd's which rules out my GLC43.

I am confident in GAD especially after speaking with them - however I have read-up on a number of posts recommending the use of a dyno when getting a car remapped....

any thoughts?

I
Well.....after having a lengthy conversation with GAD over the phone - I learnt that the rolling road they have does not cater for 4wd's which rules out my GLC43.

I am confident in GAD especially after speaking with them - however I have read-up on a number of posts recommending the use of a dyno when getting a car remapped....

any thoughts?

I think someone mention it before have you tried AmD Tuning in grays Essex. They remapped my friends WRX STi so defo have a 4wd rollers

I would recommend to go on rollers before and after remap to make sure everything is running fine (which is should as it's new but you also get to see how much power is really gained) you'll defo see your 43 make around 390 standard on v power

GAD turned done my c32 on the grounds it was run on unleaded fuel

I'm confused... Isn't all petrol these years unleaded? Can't remember the last time I saw leaded fuel on the forecourt

I’m going to guess he means super unleaded

I think the guys at GAD want all cars on their rollers to be full up with Super Unleaded so they can get the best results out of their software. I always use Super Unleaded in the C63 as that is what is recommended but perhaps the C32 cars were not required to be run on Super Unleaded when they were new and hence why Dazzler's car was turned down as it is not run on Super Unleaded now ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom