Tuners

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ian B Walker

MB Enthusiast
Car
300-24, saloon and coupe, E300 24 valve diesel estate
I had occasion to use Mototune of Blackpool last week to run a tune up on my 200T. Absolutly fabulous service. Total diagnostic check and advice on how to rectify problems found. Also told me how to effect a mod to my distributor drive. The cost for these, £51. I was dubious at first using him, but looking in the garage there was a 230 Kompresser and a SLK, along with a Z1 BMW and other sundary quality motors. His phone number is 01253 696206 and ask for Rick the Merc man (ex Mercedes Blackburn). He will offer advice over the phone.

Hmmm, interesting one that. I wonder if he can get rid of the lazy spot my car has at low speed. You depress the gas pedal, and for 3/4 of the way down, the car drives like Miss Daisy is present. Beyond that, you get serious performance out of it.

Would be nice if he could smooth that out. Perhaps I will pay a visit - not far from me :)

--
Antony

Originally posted by Ian B Walker
...there was a 230 Kompresser and a SLK, along with a Z1 BMW and other sundary quality motors...

Did you get to see the Z1's doors go up and down :D great gimmick! :p

S.

bloodmoon, have you checked for vacuum problems? sounds familiar....

If you look in yellow pages, you can get a mobile tuner out. Ive never paid more than £45 and they come out and diagnose. If its something simple, i usually pop to the dealer/motor factor and get the bits for him to fit.....

Originally posted by jaymanek
bloodmoon, have you checked for vacuum problems? sounds familiar....

Really? What kind of problems were you afflicted with? And what did it affect? I just assumed is was a quirk of the 124, and the fact that it is a 13 year old car :p

Not much of an issue to me, to be honest, but I must say you have got me thinking now :)

(Reaches for the yellow pages)

--
Antony

Have you checked your throttle cable - sometimes they stretch and give the impression of a flat spot. Have someone sit in the car and put their foot flat on the floor - while looking at the throttle linkage. Does the throttle open fully? if not adjust the cable to suit whilst making sure you don't go too far so it won't idle.

HTH

R

Edit: it also works on fly-by-wire cars...... check the throttle pot

Well there was a leak into the air duct by the air filter, caused a few problems. But i dont think that will be your problem. I think you should get it checked out.

I had a 320 saloon, it was extremely quick off the mark....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom