Tuning C Class 180 Kompressor - 1.6

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nickjonesn4

Car
E55K AMG Wagon, Porsche 993 C2S, Polestar 2
Hello

New to the forum so would really appreciate some help.

Want to get some work done to sort out the low end gutlessness of my otherwise lovely, low mileage 2010 car. Want to get to 200BHP and 200 lb/ft ideally (from 156bhp/170 lb/ft).

I know this will take more than a remap - exhaust, pulley etc

Can someone recommend the best tuners to talk to who can offer more than just a remap? Does anyone have any experience of doing something similar?

There is loads of product available for the older 1.8 engined car but not much for the 1.6k e.g. Kleeman have a full range of mods for 1.8 but nothing for 1.6.

The car is otherwise brilliant - motorway, interior, handling - so want to get this work done as plan is to hold onto it and run it into the ground as everyday family car as have other "weekend" car... I just want it to go better

Thanks in advance

Meant to add am north London based.

Very helpful guy Ben @ AMD Tuning in Thurrock responded saying that they could do a remap for +9BHP and Torque but that exhaust would be expensive for not much gain.

He said that I would notice the difference and quoted £295 which seems reasonable

Anyone have any different ideas or other recommends that AMD?

Would really appreciate the help

You could try Tdi Tuning, Chelmsford. I had a performance map & de limit done on mine for £289 inc vat...

Very helpful guy Ben @ AMD Tuning in Thurrock responded saying that they could do a remap for +9BHP and Torque but that exhaust would be expensive for not much gain.

He said that I would notice the difference and quoted £295 which seems reasonable

Anyone have any different ideas or other recommends that AMD?

Would really appreciate the help

I havent had mine done but others i know have had Mondeo's and an RS6 done all at AMD very helpful :) and only 5 mins from me

Spoke to TDI and they say they can't do it (or fit their box)

So looks like AMD unless anyone has any other recommendations??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom