Tuning for clk w208 230 kommpressor

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MERC CLK 230 K

Car
mercedes clk W208 230 kommpressor
??

Buy a 55 instead - easy option !

ditto, they re about 4k at the moment and 230ks are about 2k, so for 2k you 143 more BHP, 194 more ft/lb of torque, show me a tuning house that will do that for 2k, a nice body kit and every optional extra in the book, you also get better longevity from the car as the tuning was done in the factory and your not pushing the engine beyond what it was meant to do, there really is no point in tuning cars, just save and and get one which has already been done!

ditto, they re about 4k at the moment and 230ks are about 2k, so for 2k you 143 more BHP, 194 more ft/lb of torque, show me a tuning house that will do that for 2k, a nice body kit and every optional extra in the book, you also get better longevity from the car as the tuning was done in the factory and your not pushing the engine beyond what it was meant to do, there really is no point in tuning cars, just save and and get one which has already been done!

You've missed the point of tuning completely. Even if I bought a CLK 55 I'd still tune it further to get more grunt out of it. I have a clk 230 and wanted to see if I could get it to the same bhp as a 430 which I have, I could have easily swapped the car out for a 430 but then I have a rumbling 8 pot instead of a screaming 4 pot ( better option to some I know) The other reason I tuned mine is MB refuse to supply a manual gearbox on performance cars so you can't get a manual 430 or 55 ( some think auto is better i know but I hate them with a passion)

If you have a car you really love then why not tune it for a bit more power? chances are it being an MB you will have already spent considerably on it fixing the likes of tin worm and restoring your pride and joy so spend a little more and get some extra grunt. As regards factory tuning giving better longevity I'd like to see some data to back that up as a tuner that knows there engines and does motorsport work is no different from AMG, you can easily have Cosworth do the work in the UK that would be equally as good as AMG at the factory

Just my 2p worth and the reason I tune my cars

Seen this Mark , your next car ?

1998 Mercedes Supercharged C43 AMG (like Alpina Brabus) | eBay

different strokes for different folks, I cant be bothered with tuning a vehicle to get a little more power out of it I would rather buy one thats fast, reliable and comfortable already, ie, an AMG, that leaves me time and money to build a proper car because as far as im concerened the money and effort thats put into car tuning does not warrent the outcome,

I agree with Whitey and W210 fan here - why bother messing about with a car that costs more in total than a better one you can buy already done? :)

At the end of the day, Mercedes-Benz and AMG had the opportunity to build whatever they want - IMHO if they think a 5.4L V8 with 500+ Nm of torque is the right way to go about it, who am I to argue :D

As already said - you get the whole package with a properly 'tuned' car, more R&D goes into the tuning than any homebrew setup - engine, exhaust, suspension, brakes, body styling, wheels/tyres etc.

Value for money, at the moment, a used AMG tuned car is a very tough act to beat :thumb:

Will

I would completely agree if you could get a manual gearbox, it's a complete waste having all that power and not being able to exploit it to it's full potential, criminal IMHO.

SWMBO's Audi A8 has 100 bhp more than the CLK 55 but is equally as useless for performance driving. My CLK is very useable and quick not in the AMG or Audi league I agree but I am very pleased with my tuning efforts and still grin every time I drive it

If I really want a stupid grin I take the Subaru out with a sub 4 second 0 -60 theres not much that will keep up with that either in a straight Line or through the twisties :D

I agree though horses for courses and what ever floats your boat :thumb:

I am not into tuning, not any more, but I used to do this quite intensively as a young man. So I can see both sides of the argument.

Tuning is fun, and especially satisfying as DIY. Not everyone's cup of tea, understandably, but as most of us here did not buy our cars just to get from A to B, I think some more tolerance - sympathy, even - towards tuners is in order :)

I am all up for tuning as I have owned a few cars which I spent too much money on; throttle bodies, larger turbos, remaps, exhausts etc.

I have had my fill of tuning in the past, so my want to do those things has diminished, but if CLK230K fancies doing a bit - he will need a reasonably large pot of money to get good results like Flanaia.

I have relocated (and renewed) the MAF, added an additional airbox feed, renewed the lower breather system, usual service items and had the gearbox flushed - I think this is the best the 230k can get in standard trim ?

I did consider changing the manifold, but at £600+ for the part, it does not seem worthwhile.

Also a remap may improve throttle response, but I believe give little extra power.

That said, I would love to get a full system on it, port/fettle the supercharger and have a non efficient but great sounding open air filter on it :)

Also agree on the manual vs auto argument - but I like auto for the daily grind.

Just IMO.

Chris

W202 C230K Custom Intake - YouTube

Mercedes C230 Kompressor (W202), custom inlet setup, supercharger whine - YouTube

C230 Kompressor custom intake - YouTube

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom