tuning my cl 55 amg

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sim55amg

Car
CL55 AMG KOMPRESSOR 2003
ok throttle body has anybody fitted a 90mm[from vrp speed] and what were the results ?
next air intake system 3.5 inch who's fits and performs best fabtech' vrp' or other ?
cooling split cooling' killer chiller' under bonnet ice tank or in the boot' pros and cons

looking to talk to someone who has taken cl with a m113k to as close to max is wise

I know just a little bit about the M113K. I hope you don't mind me starting with some questions:

1. Will the supercharger benefit from more air supplied by a 90mm TB? Will you need to match the increased flow by upgrading your fuel system?

2. Don't said 'air intake systems' connect to the factory inlets and as such are limited by them? Think bottle neck.

3. Pros for a tank in the boot surely has got to be the size? I don't know for sure but I think you will struggle to fit the same size tank under the bonnet.

4. Killer Chiller appears to be a totally different system to the ice tank. Do you think you need both?

I know just a little bit about the M113K. I hope you don't mind me starting with some questions:

1. Will the supercharger benefit from more air supplied by a 90mm TB? Will you need to match the increased flow by upgrading your fuel system?

2. Don't said 'air intake systems' connect to the factory inlets and as such are limited by them? Think bottle neck.

3. Pros for a tank in the boot surely has got to be the size? I don't know for sure but I think you will struggle to fit the same size tank under the bonnet.

4. Killer Chiller appears to be a totally different system to the ice tank. Do you think you need both?
Of course I don’t mind you starting with questions given that you know a little about the m113k !! Probably a lot more than most
Answer 1
I was thinking about upgrading injectors and air intake system (3.5”)

2 can I rework the inlet manifolds or do I need to work the heads

3 yes of course a tank in the boot will give more capacity and can be mounted in the spare wheel well but do extra pipe work outweigh the Gain in cooling

4 killer chiller as against ice tank as you say thay are complete different systems working off the ac system and a self contained system with the ability to add ice prior to a run
I am not planning to use both but looking at the prose and cons of both systems To get the best results
I know that built a cl with I think a
Weistec unit and ice in the boot
So I am eager to learn from your experience
Msl have already fitted a new
77 pulley and
Catless headers kleemann
I want to retain the stock amg supercharger if possible but at this stage am open to all the arguments thanks Alex

Answer 1
I was thinking about upgrading injectors and air intake system (3.5”)

Fuel injectors are only part of the fuel system. Upgrading them (to what size?) does not guarantee you will not have fuel delivery issues. These are all advanced questions for when you actually measure your fuel pressure and find out that it either drops or your injectors reach their maximum duty cycle. So I would start with measuring first. Then it's the ECU file. You have to have one that will work with bigger injectors.

2 can I rework the inlet manifolds or do I need to work the heads

I was referring to the inlets at each side of the radiator. This is where the air enters the standard intake. If new aftermarket systems use the same entry point, then it won't matter how large they are. There's only that much air that can flow through an orifice.

3 yes of course a tank in the boot will give more capacity and can be mounted in the spare wheel well but do extra pipe work outweigh the Gain in cooling

I'm not sure what you mean by that. In any case the answer is, if you intend to drag race and use ice to drop the intake charge temps, go for the ice tank. The bigger, the better.

4 killer chiller as against ice tank as you say thay are complete different systems working off the ac system and a self contained system with the ability to add ice prior to a run
I am not planning to use both but looking at the prose and cons of both systems To get the best results

In order to give you an accurate answer you will have to share your goals (drag racing? runway? circuit? cruising?) and measure your IATs. CL have a bigger heat exchanger compared to all other 55 models but even that can become ineffective when presented with too much heat. Killer Chiller never worked for me but I'm sure it works well for some. It's all in installation, adequate size of cooling components and how you use the car.

I know that built a cl with I think a
Weistec unit and ice in the boot
So I am eager to learn from your experience
Msl have already fitted a new
77 pulley and
Catless headers kleemann
I want to retain the stock amg supercharger if possible but at this stage am open to all the arguments thanks Alex

My experience brought me to chucking every bit of 'upgrade' junk I spent money on, extensively studying the application and making my own parts. It's a slippery slope - the more you learn, the more you realise how much crap is sold out there under the pretence that it 'improves' what it replaces. More often it makes things worse (like the glorified 'intake systems' you quoted which is put together using pieces bought on eBay).

I believe you were going (went?) to MSL. This is your best crash course into upgrading your car. Everything else is just buzzwords or plain expensive.

Thanks Alex my intention was to drag race but am interested to learn about runway ?
I am well pleased with Msl
What did you do with your cl?
Should like to meet up and talk over lunch or breakfast

Thanks Alex my intention was to drag race but am interested to learn about runway ?
I am well pleased with Msl
What did you do with your cl?
Should like to meet up and talk over lunch or breakfast

I sold my CL and everything I bought for it before I could fit it. Changed the platform to 211. You can read more about it here.

I sold my CL and everything I bought for it before I could fit it. Changed the platform to 211. You can read more about it here.
Thank you for sharing your experience i saw and heard your machine at BOTG how have you got on since then did yo go to v max
i still should like to meat you thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom