Tuning on the cheep :-)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
What a brilliant laugh :D :D :D

On the strength of the mostly positive internet reviews and youtube vids I've ordered one of these beasts, will report back with a review and vids of my own when it arrives :)

I've bought a video camera and tested it in the car in prep for the arrival of the soundracer, however:
SoundRacer in stock again!
Due to the huge demand for SoundRacer V8 and V10 some of our distributors and retailers have been out of stock.
Beginning 5 March we have sent several thousand units to our distributors in USA, Australia and Germany. More countries will get shipments soon.
Our next production is scheduled for delivery 22 March.

We are doing all we can to increase production, sorry for the inconvenience.

SoundRacer AB
Management
Don't you hate it when an impulse purchase takes weeks/months to arrive? ;)

BTW I ordered the V8 version as the V10 one sounded awful on the vids.

I've bought a video camera and tested it in the car in prep for the arrival of the soundracer, however:

Don't you hate it when an impulse purchase takes weeks/months to arrive? ;)

BTW I ordered the V8 version as the V10 one sounded awful on the vids.

Video of it looks brill

Reminds me of when I was a boy on my Grifter and I wedged a squash bottle between the frame and rear wheel spokes. Made it sound like a Ducati :)

Reminds me of when I was a boy on my Grifter and I wedged a squash bottle between the frame and rear wheel spokes. Made it sound like a Ducati :)

:D lol.

I used the plastic top from a 35mm film container low down on the front forks on my (MkII) Grifter. I think it sounded more like a Jap bike than a Ducati.

I did a similar thing as a young boy, old twigs mounted in a similar fashion made it sound like a motorbike, but it was more like a deep harley and it was like a grrrrrrrrrrrr noise :thumb:

e-mail from the UK's only supplier:
Dear Customer,

Thank you for your pre-order of the Soundracer. This is just to let you know that you should be receiving your order next week.

We will begin processing all pre-orders over the weekend so you will receive update emails informing you of the status.

Regards

Clickshop.Com
Progress! :D

I hope this thing was worth the wait ;)

I did a similar thing as a young boy, old twigs mounted in a similar fashion made it sound like a motorbike, but it was more like a deep harley and it was like a grrrrrrrrrrrr noise :thumb:

We used to fold the plastic mudguard back on the front wheel of our grifters... same effect :)

Obviously it melted quite spectactularly so it was only for a limited amount of time before we started looking for alternatives.

I attached a large can of loose nuts and bolts to my Yamaha.

Sounds just like a Harley now.

The soundracer arrived on Saturday morning and works exactly as described! :)

I have a mini DV recorder with me today so will try to record something which demonstrates the soundracer well. Sadly I work in a busy city centre so there's not much opportunity for opening up the taps - this weekend should be good though!

Gotta say that it sounds great even when crawling in slow traffic and basically just idling...

I should get one! :D
Your V8(s) are great engines but the soundracer has been designed to sound like the lumpy idling and shouty top end of a dragster or monster truck, plus you can barely hear a mercedes v8 when in the cockpit so yes, everyone should get one ;) .

Also works fine for channelling my podcasts through :)

Have you tried winding the windows down and turning it up? I wonder how close you need to be before you realise the sound is coming from inside the car.

Just get one of these gizmos! :devil:

[YOUTUBE]b9XAC-BvUyo[/YOUTUBE]

Got an urge to buy one of those and sneak it in to my mothers Fiesta! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom