Tuning - ST3 remap vs Bespoke remap

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

merc07

Car
C350cdi & C220cdi
Probably aimed at *** Tuning but any one else have any info ?

What is the difference between the above maps.

From what I understand all original manufacture ECU maps are the same.
If so, why does the original map have to be sent off to be altered. Isn't there a database of altered maps already? Also what parameters are actually altered and how would an eco map differ from a performance map.

Would the ST3 type map be a generic type - one map fits all therefore not as good as a bespoke type ?

I have had an eco tuningbox on my C220cdi for 2 years now - The reason I chose this against a remap was that the remap could have been over written by Merc, but now there is the ST3.....

Cheers
Adam

Last edited:
There is no difference in the ST3 file compared to the Bespoke file ...

We do not have a database of Software Due to being bespoke . This would be the case if you were to recive a Generic file

You have to send us the Ori file so that we can develop a upgrade version to you requirements (Custom) .

Regards Tony @ ***

Reading from your other thread - 'If it's shift patterns you want to change have a Custom Remap' - are you saying that with one of these ST3 custom files you can set the autobox min shift point. eg mine will not shift out of 4th until about 38mph - a right pain in slow 40mph traffic.
- or just the fact that the extra torque will hold a gear longer before changing down.

Cheers, Adam

Last edited:
We would re programme the G-Box ECU to alter shifting ... The extra torque will make no difference due the gear box having no clue that this has been done ....

Regards Tony @ ***

We would re programme the G-Box ECU to alter shifting ... The extra torque will make no difference due the gear box having no clue that this has been done ....

Regards Tony @ ***

Can you also change the lock-up point for the Torque Converter in this way Tony?

We would re programme the G-Box ECU to alter shifting ...
Regards Tony @ ***

Can this be done with the use of an ST3 or would the car have to be brought in.

The shifting into 5th probably just needs reducing to 35mph if possible - will have to check the exact revs / speed - that should stop it constantly changing between 4th and 5th when you slightly dip under 40mph -

Cheers
Adam

This is correct and can be done with the ST3 ... We can alter any thing your heart desires (within reason) ...

Regards Tony @ *** Tuning

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom