Turbo boost actuators - identifying correct version

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ingarageagain

Car
w204 c350cdi Sport Estate 135 Edition
I have had a intermittent boost positioning arm error. On closer inspection of the actuator see it's dated 2006 by the stamp on the cover... on a 2011 car so a refurbished item from a previous owner looks like. No problem if it's the correct one but how do I check? I see there is a range of actuator numbers beginning 6NW but can't find anywhere a table with any tie between actuators and turbos. Anyone help please? Even emailed Garrett - nothing.
1594325051574.png

Just trying to find out if this, apart from potentially being at fault (the arm adjusting the vanes moves freely when the engine is hot) is the correct version actuator for this turbo given it appear older than the car.
I had the cover off this one cleaned up with IPA and white greased. Nothing I can see in the gears is bad but maybe the motor is failing. When blipping the accelerator no arm movement but the %feedback in icarsoft looks like what you would expect - 5% upto ~60%+. Electro/mechanical fault suspected?

MB dealer only interested in selling me a new turbo and has no reference to the actuator number I'm told.

Turbo is :
1594323206094.png

Anyone fancy having a check what they have fitted on a similar model as a backup reference. Thanks.

On the side of the actuator is there another number that begins with G ?

Unfortunately looks like the body has been sand blasted by the 'refurbisher' - no numbers :(

Good spot thanks Dodi, So G219 refers to the motor/ screw drive (what's in the alloy body) and 6NW 008 412 refers to the electronic drive - Good to know. I think I still need to check both these numbers are right for the turbo for peace of mind...Some refurbisher said the 6NW number was wrong but he could supply the correct one - yeah right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom