Turbo cuts out or limp mode?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

L_A

Car
E280 cdi SPORT
After start up if i accelerate quickly rather than gradually i get a slight judder and after this the power cuts out seems like the turbo has stopped working however if i pull over and restart the car it will be fine. If i start the car and drive normally for a few minutes i can drive the car how i like and it wont cut out i only get this problem after start up if i accelerate quickly. Its a e320 cdi sport any1 had similar problem.

After start up if i accelerate quickly rather than gradually i get a slight judder and after this the power cuts out seems like the turbo has stopped working however if i pull over and restart the car it will be fine. If i start the car and drive normally for a few minutes i can drive the car how i like and it wont cut out i only get this problem after start up if i accelerate quickly. Its a e320 cdi sport any1 had similar problem.

I have an E270 cdi and if i floor the throttle while the engine is cold mine does the same and goes into limp mode and is fine after a restart like yours, I put it down to the turbo shutting down to protect itself while cold but hopefully someone with more knowledge will be along to tell us exactly why it does this.
My car had a new turbo about 3000 miles ago so i know it can't be the turbo.

Is it a V6 ?

If so it could be a sign of the inlet port shut off motor failing. I'm on my 4th and yesterday as I drew away (fast) from toll booth i experienced a feeling of fuel starvation. Also same as I gunned it from service station to join autoroute. Mrs C very not impressed and now wants me to sell it and get a "reliable" car from a different manufacturer. Thing is today it never happened once. So who knows? I'm a wee bit miffed. Everytime it has happened in the past the shut off valve failed within 6 months. Hmmmm

Mine is a V6 and i dont think it has anything to do with the car being cold as today i had this problem after driving 150 miles stopped off at services for coffee and when pulled away to join the carriageway lost power felt really flat no response over 80.

Is it still under warranty? If not, and the inlet port shut off motor fails, you're looking at the thick end of £600.

No its a 55 2005 so dunt think it will be under warranty if left the way it is will it get any worse or stay the same..

If it's the inlet shut off motor it will fail and a new one with improved seal will need fitting. It may be something different so needs to be put on star to determine the fault.

inlet port SO valve

after driving my w203 c320cdi over steep mountain roads,the car went into limp mode with engine management fault light on. Contacted MB Inverness who said to bring vehicle to them for repair. The STAR then diagnosed the inlet port shut-off motor and apparently the reason why the reset(switch off and then on again) did not clear the fault light was that the EMS fuse had blown when the IPSOV shorted out due to oil ingress from a faulty turbo seal MB cost,£400 plus £ 700 for 7hours labour.
Even when I worked as a licensed aircraft engineer on contract to some of the world,s big airlines,I never charged more than £32 per hour,who do those prima donnas think they are?:dk:

£400 in parts sounds like a lot. I thought the motor was about £120 + gaskets etc.

I had mine done at an indie and it cost £450 from memory.

Have you got it sorted yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom