Turbo does not engage - slow acceleration

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

norodnik

I have an 03 model C270CDi Estate Avantgarde with 120K miles on the clock, FSH etc etc

I noticed today on pulling out that the Turbo seems to have stopped working. Car drives just fine but if I floor the pedal nothing happens, no kick down, nothing, car just continues to accelerate as if I were driving sensibly.

Car has no problem reaching speed and I can get to 85mph etc with no issue as long as I let the car get there in its own time. Fuel consumption and all other indications normal, no errors or faults on the dash.

Interested to know:

1) Assume turbo is broken or faulty etc - Is this expensive to fix and what is estimate repair bill (I live in the South UK).

2) Can I damage car further by continuing to drive it. Apart from obvious danger of not being able to accelerate quickly, car is fine in all ther respects

3) Any other advice ?

Worth checking the mass airflow sensor (MAF,MAS).

My w reg 138273 mile E220 CDI had the same symptoms.
The Indy I use checked the MAF and reported that it was not within tolerance and I had it replace on Thursday (Parts Labour and VAT £128.81) It’s like a new car, much more responsive and seems to be marginally more economical.
Have your garage check the MAF it could be your problem.
Regards
Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom