Turbo Technics E320 graph

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

janner

MB Enthusiast
Car
E320 Turbo Technics
The car was at Alan Jeffrey's this morning for a rolling road tune to set up the extra injector.

aj1.jpg

Resulting in this...
ttgraph.jpg

Apparently it's all about the torque :D

Hi Adrian

so the horse power is at the rear wheel. did Alan say what that equated to at the front end? Is not his machine known for being a little 'ungenerous' shall we say...i.e. could actually be more than you are showing there.

Will you now look at increasing boost or it that it?
how long did it take to set up? the SplitSecond is doing its job well it take it?
Any plans to put a how to (or,more likely, what NOT to do first time round:D ;) ) and show us how you did it all?

matt

p.s. bet you are happier than the proverbial pig in.....

Last edited:
LOL...that's really going to upset someone's day :D

It is OK - only.

uplift of 46% Nm over standard car.

454 v 310 (standard)

It is however achieved lower down the rev range compared to standard car at 3750 revs.

It is going to feel a bit like a diesel in that respect.

It is however achieved lower down the rev range compared to standard car at 3750 revs.

It is going to feel a bit like a diesel in that respect.

Yup the V6 CDI has peak torque from 1800-2400 rpm (in my Vito, anyway).

And look how flat that torque curve is.

My 300E TT is reckoned to be 310 bhp at 6000 rpm, and 410 Nm. I'll get it onto a rolling road sometime and see what the actuals and their curves are.

Is that at the wheels or flywheel?

The torque is healthy, nice curves too, a healthy engine.

Dave!

Hi Adrian - I bet you are enjoying just driving it now after all the work!

Its a lovely flat torque curve - but its dropping off too quickly

For now enjoy it - but I would be looking towards a couple of choice mods in the future - better intercooling, heat shielding the intake pipes as discussed at Glojos and maybe removing some ignition timing from the top end to compensate for the increased charge density.
I think the issue here is ignition timing more than anything but the increased temperatures wont have helped.

After my test fit of the turbos I will now defiantely be changing the turbo compressor housings for something a litle bigger - maybe large T25 or similar. There are stories of the turbos being strangled at the top end as each one is rated to about 180/200hp in its efficiency zone. They will physically run more than that but they are then hotter and less efficient as you move outside of their design spec.

We will definately have a meet and a chat next time I'm back in Plymouth!

As I said - for now just enjoy it :D

Last edited:
Well done adrian! Makes me wish I had carried on wit mine now. Hows it drive?

Mark, you up for doing this on a 3.6 amg engine?

Mark, you up for doing this on a 3.6 amg engine?

The C36 is one of the engines that the turbos have been shown to be too small on!

Anyway, right now I just don't have the time :) I have my 190 to finish and then turbocharge, A clutch and box on the race CRX, clutch on wifes CRX, head rebuild on mates CRX. In between that lot I am helping Dorian run a race car and supporting a Race CRX at weekends

As the winter draws in I may get more time and we can discuss options :D

Nice..

Torque curve is the complete opposite of my CE24... :D quite envious.

Does it go round corners better than standard and how do the brakes cope with the extra go?

Ade

Its a lovely flat torque curve - but its dropping off too quickly

I wonder if the Cam timing isn't being altered for high revs.? There is no kick in the power output as I would expect when the timing device changes state.

Still, nice beefy mid range pull there though.

The numbers don't seem that impressive BUT the difference on the road is huge :rock:
It pulls like a train right away. There's very little turbo lag, just a gentle whistle from under the bonnet and you're off. It would be interesting to try it with a g-tech meter. Maybe at a get-together soon?
A full report on the build will follow next week. Right now I just need a beer :D

I like. :D Some nice meaty grunt there - suits the image of the car perfectly IMHO.

Id like to see the power difference between this and the e36. Im hoping yours will be faster.

Only one way to find out :devil:

The really spooky thing is that, whatever the engine, whatever the power and whatever the torque, the curves always cross over at 5252 rpm

Nick Froome
www.w124.co.uk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom