turbo technics twin turbo kit for mercedes 300 24v CE E

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I must admit i had to look at it a couple of times just to make sure it was the equipment and not just the paperwork on how to fit it........although the postage figure confirmed it!

The seller is about 1 mile away from me, although for some reason the kit is in Scotland?

Ian, let me buy it and you can fit it to my 190 :)

Strange advert, why not show the actual parts in the boxes? Buyer beware and all that.....

What bits would need to be changed to make it work with an M103? More hassle than it would be worth?

M103 turbo manifolds are different and the piggyback ecu would have set fueling for the 24v, not sure on the metering head, but that could be different, so the extra injectors may not bolt on. In short its probably easier to convert to a 24v if you wanted to fit it.

The kit doesn't include the exhaust (I've asked and he said he doesnt know, but you can't excatly miss 3 large sections of exhaust!) not such a problem as most will already have/make/buy one, but the downpipes have specific flanges to meet the turbo elbows which are cast, so you can't excatly weld to them.

Also they are 2 1/8th of an inch in diameter, from experience you can't get 2.25" downpipes in without a fair bit of difficulty, swearing and patience. Standard downpipes won't fit and would be too restrictive anyway. 54mm formers don't come with most pipe benders, meaning you'll most likely have to find someone with a mandrel bender and the correct formers, and there aren't too many exhaust fabricators with one of those, let alone one that would actually say yes to making downpipes!

Just saying who ever buys it would have to factor that in.

On a lighter note I saw very good gains from a 3" bore exhaust on my old twin turbo...

phil, was that a twin 3" bore? and from where did you join it?

also, piggy back should be binned and a split second used, so thats one issue sorted

I think he's done it himself Nick,do a search here for a thread called members car as there's a few pictures there

to be honest d, it must be a twin 3", as a single 3" would have less area than the std 2.25" twin, so would restrict more, i just wnted to know if he removed as much of the original as poss, or joined at, say, the front of the resonator...

Standard pipework on the TT exhausts are 2 1/8th bore all the way through with alot of bends and 3 silencers. Didn't think any stock exhaust on the 124 was twin 2.25"?

Not twin 3" anyway, that would be overkill. When it comes to exhaust's its more about flow than anything else, and although twin 2 1/8th or 2 1/4" pipework may have a bigger surface area than a 3", it won't flow anywhere near as well. Been a while since Ive had to look but if I remember correctly 3" pipework flows well up to 450hp, and will still work fine for more power after that. Generally with turbo exhausts bigger is better but if you go too big it'll start to effect the spool time of the turbos.

I made the downpipes, and as soon as it came under the floorpan of the car joined them both into a 3" pipe with one large silencer at the back. Wasnt too loud at all, remember turbos act as silencers in their own right. Few hooligan type videos on youtube if you want to hear the noise.

Whats the setup on your turbo conversion? Just a low boost on a stock engine? Or have you lowered the compression and put more air through it?

mine is amg spec 103 engine, 3.2 big valve head bla bla bla... with megasquirt ms1 extra. semi custom charge pipe arrangement with std metering head deleted, am still using the std aftercooler but i have an air to water cooler wich i need to pull my finger out and fit, along with the meth injection that is also still in the box at my mums!

15 psi, 19 m/sec injector opening time on 6 x 650cc

weirdly, my exaust has ended up similar to how yours was, i took it to a guy to remove the res and center box,(should have just done it myself) brief was to join the downpipes straight to the point where and he f^^cked it up to the point that he joined the down pipes under the front seat area, to a 2 and 3/4 inch single into a rear box.

i aint happy with it, and am gonna change it soon, probably gona go 2x 2.5 as straight as poss to a rear box, with a x pipe where the two pipes go through the 'gap' in the subframe, for clearance purposes, and to alter/quieten the sound, and hopefully reduce back waves.

Sounds fruity. What have you done about the compression ratio? Is that standard or have you lowered it to run that boost? Are you still running the standard inlet manifold? If so, what fuel rail have you used?

What size are your downpipes too? Still running the TT T2s? Ive always been under the impression x pipes only work well on certain models of NA engine - mainly V8s, never seen one on a turbo setup, can't help but think it'll just cause more restriction than anything, especially so far down the exhaust line. Twin 2.5" would do well. I still reckon a large single pipe would do better personally.

Have you had your car rolling roaded?

Last edited:
Turbokits are like SL60s, supposedly rare but there's always one for sale on ebay...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom