turboing a m111

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alhacker

hello everyone, i have been trying to turbo change a m111 230 engine on my 97 c-class w202 for over a year now,i went to several performance shops and one of them gave me the following setup. for all u turbo guru's here ur help is highly needed and appriciated.

the setup:

1: the shop will lower compersion by using a custom copper head gasket, a set of diesl pistons and cromed piston rings.

2: fabricate a custom header for a t3/t4 garret turbo , use an upper mount intercooler.

3: add a 5th and 6th injector in the intake above the throttel body with a electronic controller

4: new timing belt and "reverse the vanos"

5: beef up the transmission using custom machined discs btw the gears

6: using a larger oil pump from a 230k or something

the shop expects 270 hp on the wheels?? any recomendations??

i am thinking of using a transmission oil cooler too and a spray system on the
ic...

plz what ever help and recomendations are highly appriciated

You could try a PM to get Mark300SL's attention. He knows a thing or two about turbos!

However I think the 230 was about 150 BHP na. I very much doubt you will get 270bhp at the wheels.

I always though that the W202 C230K was around 192BHP (assumingt that teh one on question is a Kompressor?)

alhacker said:
hello everyone, i have been trying to turbo change a m111 230 engine on my 97 c-class w202 for over a year now,i went to several performance shops and one of them gave me the following setup. for all u turbo guru's here ur help is highly needed and appriciated.

the setup:

1: the shop will lower compersion by using a custom copper head gasket, a set of diesl pistons and cromed piston rings.

2: fabricate a custom header for a t3/t4 garret turbo , use an upper mount intercooler.

3: add a 5th and 6th injector in the intake above the throttel body with a electronic controller

5: beef up the transmission using custom machined discs btw the gears

6: using a larger oil pump from a 230k or something

the shop expects 270 hp on the wheels?? any recomendations??

i am thinking of using a transmission oil cooler too and a spray system on the
ic...

plz what ever help and recomendations are highly appriciated

Sounds like a bit of a mission, even if it gets you 270BHP, a C36 has 280BHP (although not at the wheels) and a C43 has over 300BHP IIRC. Surely this would be a much more logical solution as you would get the benefits of better reliability, better braking system and probably a better suspension set up too. :)

I'd be a little warey if the particular business is trying to sell you 'timing' belt for your car ;)

What's the cost of the conversion and have you had any insurance quotes for this?

Good luck,

Will

well the cost is very cheap compared to ur costs, i am in lebanon beirut, its about 3600 USD and this is a "rally shop", about the suspension i have sourced a set of koni's and got to find a set of decent big brakes... its not a belt its a chain my mistake...

Flash said:
I always though that the W202 C230K was around 192BHP (assumingt that teh one on question is a Kompressor?)

No, he's talking about a C230 (never saw them in the UK I don't think).

alhacker said:

VANOS? Errr...that's BMW's variable timing system, if I'm not mistaken. They'll be somewhat hard pushed to reverse it on a Mercedes then, I would have thought! :confused:

alhacker said:
well the cost is very cheap compared to ur costs, i am in lebanon beirut, its about 3600 USD and this is a "rally shop",

I would be very careful that the shop knows what they are doing
There are an awful lot of things that can go wrong with boost - I know ;)
My choice would be to start with a 230k engine as its already designed to run under boostand is less likely to self destruct.
Finally - get a look at the diesel pistons and compare them to 230 pistons - they may be stronger but
1. the crowns could be a LOT higher - increasing compression
2. they may be a lot heavier
3. - do they actually fit the stock rods - and can the stock rods cope with the power?

Its very easy to guess a list of parts - its much harder to get it right

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom