Turn of the books or turned a corner?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Graveworm

Car
AMG E63S Estate 2018
Merc E-class tops JD power large/luxury reliability survey winning all categories by a good margin.

Link

The J D Power organisation results always give food for thought, but interpreting their results should take account of their methodology. One criticism is that their analysis is often biased towards cars in the early part of their life cycle which may not be an accurate indicator of say reliability and running costs after the first 3 years. An indicator of this might be gained from reading their US market results for 2019 which charts the rise of Korean products.
2019 Initial Quality Study (IQS)

The J D Power organisation results always give food for thought, but interpreting their results should take account of their methodology. One criticism is that their analysis is often biased towards cars in the early part of their life cycle which may not be an accurate indicator of say reliability and running costs after the first 3 years. An indicator of this might be gained from reading their US market results for 2019 which charts the rise of Korean products.
2019 Initial Quality Study (IQS)
Food for thought that but, in that class, aren't 5 series and A6 also in the early part of their life cycle?

generally merc models appear to be more reliable than bmws. The same may not be true for every model but more often than not, it does appear to be the case.
The 5 star rating in each category appears to be somewhat hard to believe, but then looking at the other 2 competitors... I can believe it !

Cars popular with taxi drivers are usually reliable :D.

I'll probably end up with a E Class cabriolet when I replace the SL.

Categorising cars may also be misleading. Looking at the JDP average size reviews the Vauxhall Insignia gets the award despite apparently getting poor grades in the powertrain category. :eek:
study
Strange -untill you consider the INSIGNIA is a "British car "built in Germany and the C class is a "German car" built in South Africa. :confused:

Having been in various BMWs and Mercs in recent times, the BMWs always feel cheapy - even the current 7.

When I compare this to the BMWs I've owned which were E36 and E39 models, and the variety of recent Mercs I've driven (A, B, E, S and CL), they all felt/fell really well screwed together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom