Turning off cornering light function

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MWCLS

MB Enthusiast
Car
S320 CDI Perlite Gray Metallic 2005
Quite a useless function IMO, Anyone know how I disable this or would I need to hook up to Star?

Regards Michael

** CLS W219

It can be done via STAR. Mercland turned mine off at my request, and I don't regret getting it done at all.

From here:

Adding fog lamps to function as a cornering aid
Select Body, then Driver Side SAM -> Development Data -> Control Unit Adaptations -> Variant Coding -> Abbiegelicht set to ON (“ja”). (obviously "nein" for OFF!)

Then go to the Passenger SAM (if present, for example in 211/219 model series) and similarly, perform the same coding in the second SAM unit. I have found that quite often cars manufactured prior to year 2003 have the relevant cornering lights option available in the left sam, however right sam is missing it. Not a big problem since these are readily and cheaply available from the second-hand market.

For all the onboard systems to recognize the new function you will also need to recode the CGW or EZS and mark the appropriate factory option in the adaptations.

Last edited:
Steering wheel input. At certain speeds one fog light will illuminate into the turn.

My C220CDI has them built in to the headlamp unit...personally I think they're pretty cool :bannana:

.....but maybe that's just me!:rolleyes:

Should be able to switch it off yoursel in the computer, might be under convenience settings . In town it is pretty useless but in unlit country roads it is very good.

S

It has to be done with Star. It does not need 'developer' mode, thus anyone with Star Diagnosis can do it.

Just turn off the cornering light function (where it exists) in Drivers SAM, Passenger SAM and CGW (nb. sometimes CGW functions are in EIS, so if it says no CGW look in EIS).

Different cars are in different places, so look in all 3

Richard

So how do you know if your cars got this? Just have no idea if my B Class does it or not :)

SA code 619 on the datacard?

So how do you know if your cars got this? Just have no idea if my B Class does it or not :)

Even if you don't have the SA code, it may be possible to just 'turn on' the option, depends on version of your SAMs (like Troon above says).... when you plug the star, it will give the option if it is overall possible.

PM me your VIN, I'll look it up

I would if I knew it :p

OT but when did you sell the C270????

I have a 2010 C25o cdi, shouldnt i have this function? As i dont think i do??

I have a 2010 C25o cdi, shouldnt i have this function? As i dont think i do??

Pretty sure you only get them with Xenons..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom