Turtle Wax "ICE"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

verytalldave

MB Enthusiast
Car
W203 C200K Cubanite
Has anyone used this new polish yet?

Seems very easy to use, just wipe on and wipe off. Can be used on black bumpers, paint and metalwork so it says...........

Wheres the catch?

Seems very easy to use, just wipe on and wipe off. Can be used on black bumpers, paint and metalwork so it says...........

Wheres the catch?

When it first came out, I was going to buy it having already seen it in the USA. But, as it was about 3 times the price over here, I refused to part with my money as anyone in the UK who buys it, is getting ripped off as usual. It has been out for a while now, so maybe prices are a bit lower, but I bet it is still at least twice as cheap in the USA though.

Russ

Sounds good - I for one hate having to try and get wax off the bits of matte plastic I always seem to do somehow!

Wheres the catch?

The catch is that it is Crap!!!

It just contains fillers like in the Autogylm Super Resin Polish, but has no where near the durablity of the AG products (and AG is not very well know for its durability), also a polish must contain fine particles that break down smooth and this it what "polishes" out the blemishes, removes any impurities etc, so by just wiping on and wiping off your only adding a product much like a spray detailer (so many to choose from and soo much cheaper) to give a shine and not polishing at all!
Put it on (Turtle wax) , give it a couple of days and it will be gone and there wont be any protection left, dont waste your money on it.

Sounds good - I for one hate having to try and get wax off the bits of matte plastic I always seem to do somehow!
Get some all purpose cleaner (APC) from Tesco or any other good supermarket lol and spray it on, aggitate with a nail type brush and the polish should come off no problem......you will laugh at this one but Peanut butter is good for removing polish from body trim - not good for keeping cats away from your car tho!

Thanks for the tip - as for peanut butter, well, I already get enough cat prints on the bonnet, dont want any more!

Thanks for the tip - as for peanut butter, well, I already get enough cat prints on the bonnet, dont want any more!
i know the feeling!!!
Better still get some Blue masking tape for around £2 and tape up the trip before you start saves cleaning the trim part afterwards.
3MTP-2T.jpg

The Blue tape is more than sticky enough to stay in place but does not leave any glue residue on the trims.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom