Turtle Wax Ice.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AANDYY

Car
E300DT-W210-1997-Elegance-Azurite Metalic Blue. (Don't mention the rust, LOL) Running on WVO. 65k m
I used this new product yesterday and can say it's good, I fell for the advertising hype :doh:, it doesn't often happen :eek:.

I particularly liked the way it can be used on plastics and chrome same time as the bodywork :D.

I usually use Autoglymm Super Resin Polish, that polishes off easier but I wasn't leaving the Ice on to the required 3-5 Min's for buffing off but it was still easy to remove excess.

Very little product is needed as well, I must have only used about 5-10 mls, it's gonna last for ages.

Picture138.jpg

Picture132.jpg

Picture137.jpg

Mmmmm shiny :p

Picture140.jpg

I'm not that fat really :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I think the problem is that Autoexpress are not comparing like with like and therefore they don't understand the differences between polish and wax.

Your car has now been polished - that means you have cleaned it and used a product that helps remove build up and removes minor swirls etc...now you need to add some wax to protect it.

Autoexpress should have compared polishes then waxes seperately..

This is a link to a good forum...but be careful it can become addictive..:D:D

www.detailingworld.co.uk

Last edited:
I wish my E300TD (same colour) looked half as good !!

I think the problem is that Autoexpress are not comparing like with like and therefore they don't understand the differences between polish and wax.

Your car has now been polished - that means you have cleaned it and used a product that helps remove build up and removes minor swirls etc...now you need to add some wax to protect it.

Autoexpress should have compared polishes then waxes seperately..

This is a link to a good forum...but be careful it can become addictive..:D:D

www.detailingworld.co.uk

Tel me about it!! Just ordered some polishing and drying cloths :eek::D

The auto express testes were heavily slated on the detailing world forum.

Te3nd to go with whats recommended on the detailing world forum as thouse guys seem to dedicate their lives to creating shiny cars :)

Tel me about it!! Just ordered some polishing and drying cloths :eek::D

I know, could spend my life washing! It just takes so long to do it properly! Hence I'd like to get some really good protection on there and hopefully reduce the amount of time I have to fun through the whole process....

Ok so I have a black C55 Estate, I'm thinking Megs nxt gen wash, clay bar, nxt gen wash, nxt gen wax, followed by Finish Kare 1000P to seal and protect it all.
With the car being black and being in a very hard water area, I'm also considering using soft water.

I know, could spend my life washing! It just takes so long to do it properly! Hence I'd like to get some really good protection on there and hopefully reduce the amount of time I have to fun through the whole process....

Ok so I have a black C55 Estate, I'm thinking Megs nxt gen wash, clay bar, nxt gen wash, nxt gen wax, followed by Finish Kare 1000P to seal and protect it all.
With the car being black and being in a very hard water area, I'm also considering using soft water.

I've seen water softening cartidges for use on hose connectors but I'm b*ggered if I can find them again :wallbash:

You are in luck then.....
This fits on the end of a hose:
The Spot Free Rinse System For Cars & Any Glass

There was a product by fairy that did the same, but it's now discontinued.

This fits before the hose, seems like a good soltuion, but not found anyone that has tried it.
DF Peerless Water Filter

and these guys sell something (rubbish website) similar - that I've heard good reports about. I may buy one this week....
Ionic Rinse - the powerful cleaning action of pure water for washing cars, cleaning your home, cleaning buildings exteriors

That last link looks like the one I was after! :)

I've seen water softening cartidges for use on hose connectors but I'm b*ggered if I can find them again :wallbash:

I use a Flash carwash -- just the "dry" part that sprays deionised water over the car....I think they no longer make it -- but I bought 2 boxes of ioniser cartridges from the pound shop..

To clean I'm lazy..I use a pressure washer with a foam lance to shift most grime....then rinse...then foam again and rub over with a sheepskin mit...rinse again then use the flash deioniser...

Polish I use Meguairs #83 and Collinite 476S (think that's right)....

Attachments

• 51atCSaNxtL._SL500_AA280_.jpg
    51atCSaNxtL._SL500_AA280_.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 100
I use a Flash carwash -- just the "dry" part that sprays deionised water over the car....I think they no longer make it -- but I bought 2 boxes of ioniser cartridges from the pound shop..

To clean I'm lazy..I use a pressure washer with a foam lance to shift most grime....then rinse...then foam again and rub over with a sheepskin mit...rinse again then use the flash deioniser...

Polish I use Meguairs #83 and Collinite 476S (think that's right)....

That is the one! Not fairy, but flash. It's a dead product now. But still sold in the US under the Mr.Clean brand I think.

Think you can find them sometimes on ebay....usually pretty cheap..

To clean I use a pressure washer if the car is really filthy, then a soft brush attached to a hose. The brush dispenses detergent as the water flows, so a constant fush of water :). I do a section at a time switching the detergent off and immediately rinsing the suds off. Then spray the whole car again with clean water (and now hopefully softened to ruduce / eliminate water spots). Dry with towel or go over the whole car with MER then buff.

Now I have Autolac sealer to go on with a final coat of Collinite. But I dn't expect to do this every wash!!

Brushes can cause swirls ....better off using a Lambskin mit...IMHO

I guess once you find something you like you should stay with it. I personally use sonus products (2x a yr). Full day job but awesome when done. Usually SFX-2 --> SFX-3 --> Paint cleaner --> 2x swissol Concorso wax.

When lazy and in between full care:
Autoglym SR --> 3M Ultrafina SE (if required) --> autoglym xtra gloss.

Not the same shine but quite good.

The Ultrafina is top notch for filling in swirls, hense the SE swirl eliminator.

Paulo

I guess once you find something you like you should stay with it. I personally use sonus products (2x a yr). Full day job but awesome when done. Usually SFX-2 --> SFX-3 --> Paint cleaner --> 2x swissol Concorso wax.

When lazy and in between full care:
Autoglym SR --> 3M Ultrafina SE (if required) --> autoglym xtra gloss.

Not the same shine but quite good.

The Ultrafina is top notch for filling in swirls, hense the SE swirl eliminator.

Paulo

Have heard good reports for Autoglym High Definition Wax...have you tried that?

Have heard good reports for Autoglym High Definition Wax...have you tried that?

My Nephew has just done his solid black BMW 530d with this and has followed the procedure HERE

I'm a R222 fan but am seriously considering swapping now I have seen the results he has achieved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom