TV - Can I fit this

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

midlife

My 2002 W220 has the function button for the tv on the command unit but I do not have the tv function when you press the button. Can anyone tell me what is required to have this extra fitted (I am presuming that the wiring etc would already be fitted in the unit)

Thanks

You may not have TV prewiring. Input your VIN intn the Russian site to find out. If you have then a TV receiver is about £1,000. They do sell for less second hand but make sure you get the right model and caveat emptor.

Last edited:
With the TV tuner there will be some extra wires and extra amp amd coax cables also the fibre optic ring ( either D2B or could be MOST ) will have to be extended and then reconfigured.

IIRC it's the aerials that end up costing a packet. The amps are very expensive!

IIRC it's the aerials that end up costing a packet. The amps are very expensive!

not worth fitting the original COMAND 2.0/2.5 TV tuner IMO - analogue tv gets switched off very soon, if not already in some areas.

i recommend a RGB video adaptor and a 12v digitial TV tuner. There is some threads on here where someone else has already done this very cheap. I had an RGB video adaptor on my CLK with COMAND 2.0 - and had a dvd player plugged into it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom