TV License / Anyone Cancelled ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Rust valley ok till you look beyound layers of bondo for profit

Same as wheeler dealers, pisses me of when they say make a profit yet never add in man hours into cost if they did they they at a big loss every time, and fek me if I could have that work done in 22 hours, I would buy any car and pass to an indi
That's probably why Edd China left...Poor Ba$tard never got paid for his labour ! :p:p

My father has told me many stories regarding prejudices, like no Irish no Blacks, no travellers allowed in Pubs. Being thrown in to the back of a Police van for doing nothing but standing on a public street.

Names like alright "Pat" referring to him as a Paddy. Without even knowing the individuals name.

I was brought up in a big Black, Irish, and multi cultural society, in my youth in
London. I have witnessed several racial comments and actions towards all the above cultures. My point is some culture's take it to extreme with there, hard done by attitude in my opinion. It's not something that I'm going to get into. As can get very personal.

Having been to Ireland on many occasions, I have always been made welcome and the Irish in general are such a friendly bunch. The beer 🍻🍺 is mighty also.

Growing up where I did majority of my Family and friends supported ****nal, which back in the day had a big Black, and Irish influence in the team. And Scottish as well as the Home Grown lads from England.

Never once in all my time going to an ****nal match with my father or family or friends overs the years have I heard racial abuse directed at any culture. I'm sorry to say I can't say that about other teams.

Stay away from facecrook and whatever you do , do not watch Tarrantinos version of Django unchained. ;) :eek:
I think there’s a bit of confusion here.

I was suspended from Facebook for slagging off the pikeys that dragged that poor unfortunate Police Officer to his death.

Facebook seemed to be more concerned that I used THAT particular word than they were about the victim.

I love our cosmopolitan society. Our closest friends comprise, in no particular order: Mongolian, French, Iranian, Chinese, Lithuanian, Ugandan, South African, Thai, Indian, Pakistani, Welsh and English. A wide age range too, from 30 to 75. The majority of my family are Australian or Kiwis. As they (whoever they are) say, “Variety is the spice of life.”
I think it’s brilliant.
I’ve been to some mental weddings and funerals. BBQ’s are pretty good as well.

I lived in Greece for 10 years so I fully understand what it’s like to be the immigrant plus the fact that we’ve got friends all over the world now.

Supposed to be impartial
Tell that to Gary Lineker and to tv producers showing F1, Premier League football and any other sports where ‘political’ demonstrations are made before the start.

Wrong now, yes I totally agree
Wrong then?
I'm no judge of what was acceptable behavior in the thousands of years before my birth, I'm not sure any of us can be.
Using todays standards to measure the actions of the Duke of Wellington or Lord Nelson?

What I can say is that the name was accepted in 1940's
I think it was the MP for the part of Lincolnshire where the Dambuster squadron was based who said something like "The past needs to be explained, taught about and learned from – not rewritten." I couldn't agree more. Papering over cracks merely serves to temporarily hide them, it doesn't stop other cracks appearing. Trying to change the past to fit in with our present ideals must do more harm than good.

The other day I watched (on Netflix) the 2018 film Mary Queen of Scots. I thought it was an interesting tale well told. The art design and cinematography were beautiful. But for me it was too loosely tethered to what we know of the Middle Ages in Europe to work effectively as an historical drama. It lost too much by trying to be "woke". Why have a black senior counsellor for Mary? Why an Asian noble woman in the English court? Were Mary's secretary and her second husband really both gay? At the time, to be homosexual was a crime punishable by death. I doubt that Mary the Catholic queen was so "with it" that she would consider a member of her court, in the film portrayed as openly gay, just one of her gang of ladies in waiting. Changing the facts to make something appear more widely acceptable doesn't sit well with me.

I think there’s a bit of confusion here.

I was suspended from Facebook for slagging off the pikeys that dragged that poor unfortunate Police Officer to his death.

Facebook seemed to be more concerned that I used THAT particular word than they were about the victim.
It beggars belief what is sometimes seen as acceptable and what isn't.

At a much lower level, I was given a temporary ban from this very forum a few years ago for slagging off another member who had posted a foul-mouthed tirade with racist undertones against a very well known British sportsman, who obviously couldn't defend himself here. Apparently it was ok to post jaw-dropping abuse at someone in the public eye, but I wasn't allowed to mildly criticise another member!

What about rainbows?

I think it was the MP for the part of Lincolnshire where the Dambuster squadron was based who said something like "The past needs to be explained, taught about and learned from – not rewritten." I couldn't agree more. Papering over cracks merely serves to temporarily hide them, it doesn't stop other cracks appearing. Trying to change the past to fit in with our present ideals must do more harm than good.

The other day I watched (on Netflix) the 2018 film Mary Queen of Scots. I thought it was an interesting tale well told. The art design and cinematography were beautiful. But for me it was too loosely tethered to what we know of the Middle Ages in Europe to work effectively as an historical drama. It lost too much by trying to be "woke". Why have a black senior counsellor for Mary? Why an Asian noble woman in the English court? Were Mary's secretary and her second husband really both gay? At the time, to be homosexual was a crime punishable by death. I doubt that Mary the Catholic queen was so "with it" that she would consider a member of her court, in the film portrayed as openly gay, just one of her gang of ladies in waiting. Changing the facts to make something appear more widely acceptable doesn't sit well with me.
I agre

Back briefly to the subject of this thread with one point of note. During the Covid-19 health crisis and ensuing 10+ months of non pharmaceutical interventions (lockdowns, social distancing yada yada) the tv licensing door to door enforcement goons are somewhat redundant. Makes you wonder why anyone is still paying for a tv licence.

Last edited:
Reading this thread I hope nobody here watches a Tom and Jerry cartoon any time soon. You would be spit out your tea at what they have done.

So the punishment for not having a TV licence is ultimately jail time.

Where you get free TV !!!

Where you get free TV !!!
I think it was decriminalised a few years ago, but if you do go to jail for anything else, you'll probably be someones wife and have no time for TV.

Think I've started something. ;)
Brother and nephew have just ordered new Smart TV's for delivery this Friday.

Most uninformed. If you do not watch tv you do not need a license. You also are under no legal obligation to inform the BBC of anything. No contact is the rule.

Interestingly no one has ever been convicted of tv license evasion due to evidence from a TV detector van. I wonder why :D

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Interestingly no one has ever been convicted of tv license evasion due to evidence from a TV detector van. I wonder why :D

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Because everyone who never bought a licence, lined the inside of their houses with tin foil to evade detection, there's no other credible explanation?

Because everyone who never bought a licence, lined the inside of their houses with tin foil to evade detection, there's no other credible explanation?
Have you seen the price of tin foil these days. It would be cheaper to pay the BBC than do that, if of course you feel the need to watch television.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom