TV whilst moving

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

S500L

Car
Mercedes S500L, Mercedes Sprinter 308, BMW Z4, Nissan Navara Rally Raid
Does any one know how to make the TV in my Comand 2.5 (2000 S500) work whilst the car is moving.
A well known car audio installers in Manchester say they can do it but they are taking the p*ss with the price.

Dealers have the equipment to do it, however wont make the software changes directly. Maybe you can find a MB mechanic who would do it for a few notes.

Other than that, there are a few places near London that will do it if you are prepared to travel.

Originally posted by S500L
A well known car audio installers in Manchester say they can do it but they are taking the p*ss with the price.
Do you want me to ask Whitefield if they are willing to do it?

They did my comand 2.0 but by mistake I think! bottom line - its doable . I had to pay in the end to have comand configured. cost an hours labour + VAT . But my wife can watch TV in the front if she wants whilst I drive.....

But beware!! its dangerous - I nearly ran into the back of another car the other day as I glanced just a fraction too long at the TV.

We now agree that if she wants the telly on she has to sit in the back! or put up with sound only by blanking the screen or putting the map display on. The factory interlock is (IMHO)actually a sensible safety device.

:)

Shude

I would be very grateful if you would.

Car is booked into Whitefield mid April for some warranty work.

At the last service they said the battery had a slight discharge. Should have smeared the terminals with Canesten! LOL

Originally posted by GDC200
Presumably if a MOT tester realised then he could fail your car on its MOT for not being street legal
The MOT only checks things like tyres, headlight aim, all bulbs working, seatbelts working, exhaust emissions and a few key areas for rust etc. That's it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom