TW*T in Silver C63 estate. M5 today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NOMONEYBUTAMERC

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
BMW X1 . Porsche 968 Boxster
Driving home from work today on the M5 , southbound between Gordano and Clevedon. I was in lane 3 , in a line of traffic, overtaking vehicles in lane 2. On this stretch of the M5 there are 4 lanes , with the outside lane closing down (well posted for 500 yards) . Almost at the very end of lane 4 a silver C63 estate tried to force his way into my space! I didn`t move over as I was overtaking another vehicle. Mr Smartass was forced to brake sharply , then tried to undertake , soon realising he could not do so , due to slower moving traffic in that lane.
If you are the driver of this car reg. N***L , I suggest you take some driving lessons , since it would seem this car is way too powerful for you. You may want to think twice about having such a memorable plate , I will be sure to spot you again.
Have A nice Xmas , you nearly cancelled mine.

Driving home from work today on the M5 , southbound between Gordano and Clevedon. I was in lane 3 , in a line of traffic, overtaking vehicles in lane 2. On this stretch of the M5 there are 4 lanes , with the outside lane closing down (well posted for 500 yards) . Almost at the very end of lane 4 a silver C63 estate tried to force his way into my space! I didn`t move over as I was overtaking another vehicle. Mr Smartass was forced to brake sharply , then tried to undertake , soon realising he could not do so , due to slower moving traffic in that lane.
If you are the driver of this car reg. N***L , I suggest you take some driving lessons , since it would seem this car is way too powerful for you. You may want to think twice about having such a memorable plate , I will be sure to spot you again.
..or my be he could afford to put his foot down and drive recklessly due to cheaper fuel prices :D

If he continues to drive like that he will not need to be worrying about fuel prices for much longer.

NOMONEYBUTAMERC said:
Driving home from work today on the M5 , southbound between Gordano and Clevedon. I was in lane 3 , in a line of traffic, overtaking vehicles in lane 2. On this stretch of the M5 there are 4 lanes , with the outside lane closing down (well posted for 500 yards) . Almost at the very end of lane 4 a silver C63 estate tried to force his way into my space! I didn`t move over as I was overtaking another vehicle. Mr Smartass was forced to brake sharply , then tried to undertake , soon realising he could not do so , due to slower moving traffic in that lane. If you are the driver of this car reg. N***L , I suggest you take some driving lessons , since it would seem this car is way too powerful for you. You may want to think twice about having such a memorable plate , I will be sure to spot you again. Have A nice Xmas , you nearly cancelled mine.
merry Christmas!;)

Last edited:
Not criticising, just wondering if it was not possible to slow down and make some room for him to move over into your lane?

Not criticising, just wondering if it was not possible to slow down and make some room for him to move over into your lane?

Sounds like the guy was driving like a c*nt if the OP was that concerned.

I know the stretch of road and the amg driver would of been an idiot from what I read. You have plenty of notice that it's 4 lanes into 3 and I have seen many a **** head wait till the last moment in take a risk getting back in the 3rd lane. Seen plenty of idiots sit in lane 2 as they don't know how to move from the right to the left so you have to overtake them in lane 3.

Merry Xmas amg driver glad you got home without killing yourself of an innocent victim

Why as to be always the amg driver fault ??:dk:
What about if the thread started like this:
I was driving in the m5 and I missed the sign saying the lane I was in was closed a few yards ahead and I tried to move lane and someone speed up just to not let me in.;)

Why as to be always the amg driver fault ??:dk:
What about if the thread started like this:
I was driving in the m5 and I missed the sign saying the lane I was in was closed a few yards ahead and I tried to move lane and someone speed up just to not let me in.;)

Suggest you read posts 9 and 10.
WHAT IF THE POST STARTED ," I was driving along the M5 like a total ****, oblivious of traffic conditions , and thought i would just force my way into the next lane after i have shown my wife/ladyfriend how i can overtake wherever and whenever I like".
I drive around 30,000 miles a year , have not had a claim in over 40 years motoring . For this incident to have rattled me so much is an indication of how close I came to being injured , or worse as a consequence of some moron not reading the road. So no this is not a "blame all C63 drivers" , just the idiot that nearly wiped me out.

Sounds like your usual Sales Rep could be driving a Mondeo, Insignia a Transit van etc.
Just so happens he was driving a C63.

n300zxtt said:
I know the stretch of road and the amg driver would of been an idiot from what I read. You have plenty of notice that it's 4 lanes into 3 and I have seen many a **** head wait till the last moment in take a risk getting back in the 3rd lane. Seen plenty of idiots sit in lane 2 as they don't know how to move from the right to the left so you have to overtake them in lane 3. Merry Xmas amg driver glad you got home without killing yourself of an innocent victim
I too know the road well and it happens pretty much every time, and like to OP said he most probably cannot handle the car atall, another thing I have noticed personally on that exact same cut in, just a matter of time before there is a serious incident there and everyone concerned will be confused as to why it happened

Where's the Christmas spirit ?
At least in this time of year we could be a bit more forgiven and all that!

Anyone who forces their way in at the very last minute should be castrated. Oh and Merry Xmas.

Forcing in yes, but it also annoys me when people don't use all of the road as per the highway code, when approaching roadworks for example. I had a coach straddling both lanes recently to stop cars using the last 200 yds of empty space before the actual lane closure. I have no issue with merging in turn when done properly. At speed on the M5 as per the OP scenario isn't it though.

did the c63 indicate his intensions at all??

The psychology behind such driving intrigues me in this sense; I can't remember the last time I saw anyone forcing their way into a queue of people when in the pub/at the supermarket/cinema/just about anywhere there is queuing. Yet people in cars have such an insular frame of mind and protected outlook they feel it is okay to do what they wouldn't dare do on foot. Strange and a little baffling.

did the c63 indicate his intensions at all??
Yes , he drove like a ****. I presumably should be able to see indicators when his car is parallel to mine?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom