Twin engined s124...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

carat 3.6

MB Enthusiast
Car
S124 E300d wagon, W124 om606 monster, E46 v8 coupe
Good job the sls works, thats the 4th engine in the back this weekend.:thumb:

DSC01317.jpg

DSC01323.jpg

Strange that the newer estates can only carry a payload of 100kg.

Strange that the newer estates can only carry a payload of 100kg.

Any idea what the maximum weight I am allowed to carry in the estate is?
I had an om606 with it's autobox in there yesterday, that filled the back of the car completly.

I have driven a Saab with so many granite kerb stones in the boot that the towbar left a scrape on the tarmac. It was fine once unloaded. I don't think I would try it with a Mercedes as the shock absorbers might pop through the roof of a rusty wheel well.

Max weight for the back of your estate is easy. When both rear tyre valves pop out - That's it.

Last edited:
Any idea what the maximum weight I am allowed to carry in the estate is?
I had an om606 with it's autobox in there yesterday, that filled the back of the car completly.
Gross vehicle weight is a little over 2100kg, max rear axle load is something like 1200kg... That probably equates to what, something like 500kg in the back? Either heavy stuff like engines (i prefer metal working kit*) with seats down or 3 fat blokes + getting on for another couple of hundred in the boot? If there's a shortage of heavy stuff/fat blokes then the roof rails are rated for 100kg

* I've had a Myford ml7 in pieces spread about the gaps left by a 20ton press in the back of mine. A pollard drill press that took three of us to lift after it had been split in half with bits of a Colchester student in the space that was left. Only reason i didn't try to move the rest of the Colchester is due to the amount of disassembly that'd be required to make it fit

Last edited:
Mate, knowing you are mad as a bag of monkeys I was expecting to see a fully plumbed in second engine !!!

Don't even think about it !!

How about a 606' getrag'd s124 ?

It's allready a manual om606, but not a getrag, and not a turbo, YET!
I need to find the diesel pump for a turbo om603 first.:thumb:

That is if I ever finish the clk, the granada, the amg ventora, and the 3.6 turbosuperchargerkompressorcaratthing.:crazy:

Oh, and I must stop looking at this. \/\/

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom