Twin turbo R129 SL

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Mosselman kit...looks interesting :thumb:

I'm sure that was on eBay a few months ago but still in Ireland, think it was in Cork.

Looks just the same apart from its had a polish and a different stereo. There was a thread somewhere about it.

Looks good, what sort of power do they produce anyone know ?

Depending on the boost setting, but typically in the 320BHP + range.
Similar performance to the 5.0L V8.

Ed A.

Its looks very neat in the engine bay.

Depending on the boost setting, but typically in the 320BHP + range.
Similar performance to the 5.0L V8 but a lot more fun

Ed A.

Fixed that for you Ed :D

Does that engine bay not look like a 300-24? And did the 280 not start later than 91?

I was thinking the exact same thing. I thought they only fitted the twin turbo kits to the 300-24 because it revs all the way to 7k.

Is that a bad thing ?

Something else, on the website it says its registered in Ireland but then goes onto say it has 12 moths mot ? How is that possible ?
Mercedes SL280 Turbo » 4Star Trade

Yep, it's an early 'M104' 300-24 type engine rather than the later 280/320 which wasn't sold in '91 as said.

There were turbo conversion kits for both types of M104 as well as the earlier M103 engines so that means nothing.

A V8 SL500 would be the more sensible choice from both a performance and practicality point of view IMHO though :)

The engine bay pic appears to be a M104.98 3.0L.
The configuration of the cam cover along with the lack of intake runners indicates that it is the early KE-Jet version not the later HFM M104 which the 2.8L was.
The early M104 is actually a better engine to boost ! :thumb:

Ed A.

The guy listing it on E bay is adamanat that its a 280?

The guy listing it on E bay is adamanat that its a 280?

He is wrong as they came out in 94?

Of course we could check the number plate if they were not hiding it. (Why do dealers do this?!)

I'm sure that was on eBay a few months ago but still in Ireland, think it was in Cork.

Looks just the same apart from its had a polish and a different stereo. There was a thread somewhere about it.

Your spot on 91dm, I have just hada mail from the owners son who is in Lenister!
i don't suppose you remember the title of the thread about the car ??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom