*Twitch*....do I sell/convert....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Any views on the Audi e-Tron or Jaguar i-Pace? I believe both will be eligible for 2% BIK as of next year.

What about the electric E-Type Jaguar ( factory conversion ) which was used as the getaway car at last year's Royal wedding ?

... and when will Mercedes offer a similar electric power plant conversion for selected classic models - think various generations of SL to start with .

So far, barring the Kona (which is sold out into the distant future), everything costs more than the M3 (although that has just gone up a bit and one option removed)

Well, the first delivery truck shipping Model 3's from the port to the dealers was spotted yesterday - so they'll be "on the road" shortly.

They've also removed the "Long Range" variant I was looking at, so it's standard or performance - but they've removed a few shiny items from the performance model to make it still roughly in line with what I wanted to pay, IF I don't take "full autopilot"....

Any views on the Audi e-Tron or Jaguar i-Pace? I believe both will be eligible for 2% BIK as of next year.
About a year ago I had a test drive in a Jaguar I-Pace. A special event run by Jaguar themselves. At the start I was mildly enthusiastic about what an electric car might possibly be like and by the end had made the easy decision that I would never buy another ICE powered vehicle. It was that simple. The driving experience was just way superior to anything else I've ever driven and the acceleration, from any speed, simply depended on how far down you pushed the accelerator pedal, with no let up. It was simply relentless. I like the shove from my SL500, but it pales into insignificance when compared to decent electric power. And regen braking? Brilliant. Such an absolutely great way to drive.

Noise, or lack of is totally a non issue. I can't hear 5.4 litres of V8 in my SL above 10 or maybe 20 mph, so no different from an electric vehicle. Like I said. I won't buy another ICE. If I had the money available, I'd buy an I-Pace like a shot. Fabulous car.

I fully understand all the ramifications about pollution/emissions and/or lack of them and saving the planet etc, but I am merely commenting here on the raw driving experience.

Ones a Merc the Other is a Tesla,

Why did you pick the Mercedes above all others in the 1st place??

BiKenG, really?? get a X pipe fitted and enjoy lol

I’ve yet to read a review of an EV that describes a “fun handling” quotient...Yes I’ve driven a Tesla S and was very underwhelmed....

Warp speed in a straight line is fun for 5 minutes (where you get a chance) but where is the fun handling, driving dynamics, and connected feeling you get from a half decent sports car?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom