Two’s a crowd

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brian k

Car
E Class 220d W213 Premium Plus Package
So on my way home tonight I ran the usual gauntlet of Denton Rock roundabout. I’m always really careful on that roundabout as it’s either full of idiots who don’t know what lane they should be in, or idiots who don’t care what lane they should be in and cut you up so they don’t have to wait in the queues.

I was in the middle lane funnelling into the M67 with a brand new white corsa in front of me and a raggedy looking Lexus taxi to my right. The taxi decides to push in at the last minute and speeds up then swerves in front of the corsa without indicating. The Lexus misses the central reservation barrier by the skin of his teeth. The lad in the corsa gets proper cut up and brakes hard / almost hits the car in the lane to his left in efforts to avoid the taxi. The usual exchange of polite hand signals ensues between them.

When we get onto the M67, the lad in the corsa undertakes the taxi and pulls alongside him. Down comes the drivers window and then a coke can is launched like a Saturn 5 rocket leaving a coke vapour trail behind it as it bounces off the taxi’s bonnet and hits the windscreen.

I dunno which of these clowns I was most dismayed by, but I confess I’ve never seen stuff deliberately thrown between drivers before. Has anyone else witnessed folk chucking stuff at each other ?

So on my way home tonight I ran the usual gauntlet of Denton Rock roundabout. I’m always really careful on that roundabout as it’s either full of idiots who don’t know what lane they should be in, or idiots who don’t care what lane they should be in and cut you up so they don’t have to wait in the queues.

I was in the middle lane funnelling into the M67 with a brand new white corsa in front of me and a raggedy looking Lexus taxi to my right. The taxi decides to push in at the last minute and speeds up then swerves in front of the corsa without indicating. The Lexus misses the central reservation barrier by the skin of his teeth. The lad in the corsa gets proper cut up and brakes hard / almost hits the car in the lane to his left in efforts to avoid the taxi. The usual exchange of polite hand signals ensues between them.

When we get onto the M67, the lad in the corsa undertakes the taxi and pulls alongside him. Down comes the drivers window and then a coke can is launched like a Saturn 5 rocket leaving a coke vapour trail behind it as it bounces off the taxi’s bonnet and hits the windscreen.

I dunno which of these clowns I was most dismayed by, but I confess I’ve never seen stuff deliberately thrown between drivers before. Has anyone else witnessed folk chucking stuff at each other ?

In a word and answering your question YES!

Many years ago (at least 20) I worked in Stevenage and had to navigate the "Black Cat" Roundabout twice a day, this was before they put more lanes and Traffic Lights on it, it was a "Free for All" :wallbash:

Approaching the Roundabout from the South I was in the Outside Lane (Two) and passing an ancient Jag, (I don't remember the model) he decided that that wasn't happening and speeds up as I was next to him, me being me, of course decided to let him go (NOT) and I did the same, we jostled for position a couple of times then passed over the Roundabout.

The Speed Limit through Wyboston is 60 MPH and there is a Speed Camera near the end of the Limit, but plenty of road space to continue our nonsense, he is in Lane One swerving towards me, I'm in Lane Two having a giggle to myself when he rolls down his window and produces a full sized lemonade bottle and threatens to throw it at my car, (a very new Laguna) and he looks as if he is ready to burst a blood vessel, he was raging mad, I accelerate and pull in in front of him, he does the same and flies past me, than BOOM, his bonnet is severely dented from the inside and oil and smoke are blowing out of his twin exhaust, (Seized or conrod through the casing?) he now was stopped in lane two, I giggle some more and carry on home! :rolleyes::oops:

I never did figure out what started it all off.:oops::dk:

Some time ago I was on the A130 going towards the A12 in Essex,I was in the inside lane doing the speed limit,I saw in my rear mirror two cars racing each other on the outside lane they must have been doing 100mph,the front one was a GTI the car following was a BMW 320 as they went past I could see the BMW driver was absolutely raving,and then I saw why the GTI had got it's rear washer nozzles pointed back and was spraying the BMW with red coloured water,he must have had a couple of gallon plastic tank in the boot because this went on until they were out of sight.

When I was a student I, rather cheekily, pulled out onto a roundabout in front of a car with 2 blokes in. They managed to get alongside me and the passenger was waving a sword out of the window.
You would think that I had learnt my lesson but, no, some years later I did something similar to the local redneck hardman who promptly tried to reverse back into me, my only escape route was to reverse full speed down the chevrons on the middle of the road. Undignified doesn't cover it. The weird thing was that I knew him and we never mentioned it again.

In SA the mini-bus taxi (12 seater) operators, are notoriously bad & dangerous drivers, who completely ignore all road rules and are the scourge of all other drivers.

My brother had a 5 BMW series with a sun-roof (this was about 30 years ago). He always had a bag of rocks and rubble with him. If he was where he could get away e.g. motorway (as they will haul out guns and shoot you in an argument) and he was badly cut-up by a taxi he'd get ahead of the taxi and start hurling rocks out the sunroof.:eek:

I had an experience where a taxi pulled out in front of me, so I got in-front of him and brake tested him. Next traffic lights 2 of them got out with guns in their hands.....luckily the road was clear and I was able to jump the lights...........

My wife got caught in the crossfire of a gunfight between two rival taxi companies (if one uses a route not "agreed to" for them - they will machine-gun him and all his passengers as a lesson) - the car wasn't hit but she was left cowering on the floor with my son and really shaken by the experience...

.......and people ask why I left SA...:wallbash:

Apparently, 25 years on, the taxis are still just as ruthless there.

Sadly happens all the time now. People get so angry over the smallest of things. Guy down my way just been done for driving down the M23 swerving, braking hard and waving a baseball bat at another car he was angry with

It is a hateful roundabout, living in Hyde I have taken to avoiding it by using the ashton exit and coming home through Dukinfield

I've seen it happen but only in YT type videos.

Don't recall seeing it in the flesh as it were.

Guy down my way just been done for driving down the M23 swerving, braking hard and waving a baseball bat at another car he was angry with

I think I saw that on the news.

Was he in lane 2 in a van shaking the bat at the (local to you) guy in lane 3?

I've seen it happen but only in YT type videos.

Don't recall seeing it in the flesh as it were.

I think I saw that on the news.

Was he in lane 2 in a van shaking the bat at the (local to you) guy in lane 3?

The bat waving was in lane 2 but he was swerving from 2 to 3 and back again trying to block the car going past. Not sure what started it but madness to watch

In SA the mini-bus taxi (12 seater) operators, are notoriously bad & dangerous drivers, who completely ignore all road rules and are the scourge of all other drivers.

My brother had a 5 BMW series with a sun-roof (this was about 30 years ago). He always had a bag of rocks and rubble with him. If he was where he could get away e.g. motorway (as they will haul out guns and shoot you in an argument) and he was badly cut-up by a taxi he'd get ahead of the taxi and start hurling rocks out the sunroof.:eek:

I had an experience where a taxi pulled out in front of me, so I got in-front of him and brake tested him. Next traffic lights 2 of them got out with guns in their hands.....luckily the road was clear and I was able to jump the lights...........

My wife got caught in the crossfire of a gunfight between two rival taxi companies (if one uses a route not "agreed to" for them - they will machine-gun him and all his passengers as a lesson) - the car wasn't hit but she was left cowering on the floor with my son and really shaken by the experience...

.......and people ask why I left SA...:wallbash:

Apparently, 25 years on, the taxis are still just as ruthless there.
that probably part explains your straight forward attitude !

I had a woman tried to barge my car out the way once at 1mph . She was 3/4 of the way down my car and carried on going for it. I don't know where she expected me to go. I had been hooting for a good 10 seconds by the time she hit my wing mirror. I noticed her window was open a bit so I threw my metal thermos at her head. Didn't hit but still got coffee everywhere in her car!! That stopped her. All of this was witness by a copper on the pavement so I just put my arms up and he just shrugged !

The bat waving was in lane 2 but he was swerving from 2 to 3 and back again trying to block the car going past. Not sure what started it but madness to watch

Yeah that sounds the same.

Car in lane 3 had enough room to drive off in lane 3 eventually despite that.

Probably only a week or two ago I saw that.

There have been a few clips like that which have "gone viral".

I read about one guy who did something similar albeit with a liveried-up van with his own business.

He had to relocate his wife and daughter elsewhere as he'd been getting death threats etc.

Some time ago I was on the A130 going towards the A12 in Essex,I was in the inside lane doing the speed limit,I saw in my rear mirror two cars racing each other on the outside lane they must have been doing 100mph,the front one was a GTI the car following was a BMW 320 as they went past I could see the BMW driver was absolutely raving,and then I saw why the GTI had got it's rear washer nozzles pointed back and was spraying the BMW with red coloured water,he must have had a couple of gallon plastic tank in the boot because this went on until they were out of sight.
Not a road rage incident , but that reminds me of a time , many years ago I was with my pal Murray in his Fiat Panda and we stopped at traffic lights in Edinburgh , alongside a bus which was in the lane to our left . Murray decided to clean his windscreen , and by pure fluke , the jet missed his windscreen , but the water shot up over his screen , and in through the tiny window of the bus drivers cabin , which he had open , and squirted him right in the face . There was a toot of his horn , and a shout 'Oi' , but thankfully he was laughing .

Not a road rage incident , but that reminds me of a time , many years ago I was with my pal Murray in his Fiat Panda and we stopped at traffic lights in Edinburgh , alongside a bus which was in the lane to our left . Murray decided to clean his windscreen , and by pure fluke , the jet missed his windscreen , but the water shot up over his screen , and in through the tiny window of the bus drivers cabin , which he had open , and squirted him right in the face . There was a toot of his horn , and a shout 'Oi' , but thankfully he was laughing .

Funny that reminded me of something similar - our parents used to take us to the drive-in cinema on a Friday and my mother was washing the windscreen and wetting down the person in the car to the right.....:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom