Two bolts spare after changing belt tensioner!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

isobars

Car
300SD'79, E300TD '95, 300TDT '82, 280CE '84, 250L '84, 300SEL LPG '91, 300D '80, 300CE '91, 300E '89
3E62227E-F837-452C-8A07-5A916977F3D7.jpeg Hi all
I have lately been having fun changing the tensioner On M103 engine from 1990. A friend of mine helped me and after we put Humpty back together again there remained these two threaded bolts and washers. If anyone has recently been involved with removing the radiator and a few pulleys, do these two washers ring any bells? Thanks very much in advance.

Only thing that comes to mind, did you get any new bolts in the kit that you used

Is your pal a practical joker?

Is your pal a practical joker?
I was thinking along those lines, but no, he wouldn't, though he undid the first half and I took over. He was working on a 116 in the garage...…
Thanks.

I lhave just looked in the manual and i see no penny washer that large . But the large bolt my be from the pas steering pump .These bolts an not the same in length . Best to take picture on pulling these engines apart or any engine . Just a thought ,,did you remove those 2 bolts from alternator that hold the alt to the bracket .Also you have a washer in the center of the small shockabsorber and its holding bracket,, it is used to take up whiplash from the belt adjuster .

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom