Two bucket wash

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Ah. Although I don't use the second bucket, I do use a mitt... but it's getting a bit tired so maybe it is time to buy a pad!?
and a second bucket and grit guards for good measure ;)
as someone else noted, once you see the difference between a the Mit/pad rinse bucket and the sudds bucket you'll see why it makes absolute sense! :D

and a second bucket and grit guards for good measure ;)
as someone else noted, once you see the difference between a the Mit/pad rinse bucket and the sudds bucket you'll see why it makes absolute sense! :D

You really do even my fianceé takes an interest now and again. The first time she done a bit of detailing with me on her 17 plate Zafira and asked why i used two buckets she wondered why everyone deosn't do it that way after i explained and showed her the colour of the water.

Although i think the fallout remover turning red on her windscreen and wheels stole the show as it really brought out everything she couldn't see as well as when i put a plastic bag on her hand to feel the paint work before and after claying.

I should add though if i keep buying detailing products she may leave me :oops:

Unless you're buying makeup as well;)

Just for the car! My daughter like apply the wax using the Bilt hamber "makeup" sponge as she calls it.

IMG_0735.JPG

The missus knows when i've brought something because i buy by her flowers. Though one month she had five bunches of flower around the house (while i replished stock) so i had to buy vases aswell because she run out. :D

Though when the heat is on i mention that we may need a shoe clear out in the wardrobe for space. She soon turns into a mute lol !

As i'm typing this my new snow foam lance arrived :confused: Now how many vases have we got o_O

Really speaking you should use at least 3 buckets.. Separate one marked up for wheels[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Halfords have an offer on the Macguires buckets just now (or they did before I set off across / Europe on my bike two weeks ago) £30 for the bucket, some alloy wheel cleaner, a lambswool mitt, some wash and wax stuff. I bought two of them, now have my 2BM setup nicely. It's expensive stuff but I'm enjoying using it.

Really speaking you should use at least 3 buckets.. Separate one marked up for wheels[emoji6]

I just leave the wheels till last. Everything gets thoroughly washed afterwards anyway :dk:

I think I’m way too over the top with mine.
I prewash (ph neutral detergent)
Pressure wash
Iron out the wheels and leave that to do it’s thing.
Prewash again to soap up
Two bucket clean
Top up the shampoo bucket and clean the wheels and arches
Pressure wash thoroughly
Soap again
Clay mit ( not every clean )
Soap again
Pressure wash
Two towels for drying
Then megs quick detailer for water spots
If it’s that time of the month for a glaze, seal and wax then that too.

My thoughts on the above is that I like to keep the car soapy and wet through out always rinsing after each step it seems like an unnecessary amount of work but I’m only really switching nozzles as I go so it takes roughly the same amount of time 1&1/2 - 2 hours.

I just done the neighbours and his wife said he spends up to three hours and it doesn’t look half as clean.

So any contamination that is flicked off the wheels onto the paintwork is removed when you perform your initial decontamination before wash

Hmm ... don't think I flick anything off the wheels onto the paintwork. I do use a different mitt for the wheels :)

Fairy liquid? Fairy liquid? Wash your mouth out

[emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good enough for dishes, good enough for car

Not unless you eat your bacon n eggs breakfast off your bonnet[emoji33]

I know my black bonnet is hot enough to fry you one at the moment! Certainly too hot to clean during ‘normal’ hours that’s for sure.....and a bit sad[emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I use the two bucket method, but have been known to occasionally not bother with the rinse bucket when it’s the other side of the car and I’ve just washed the roof which wasn’t all that dirty anyhow.

I’ve never understood the need for grit guards. When dunking my mits in the buckets I don’t feel the need to swirl around the bottom of the bucket, so I don’t pick up any grit. When I leave one of the mits in a bucket it floats on the top, so doesn’t attract any grit that’s all sunk to the bottom.

I always wash the wheels first, using the same shampoo as for the bodywork and applying with God’s gift of Wheel Woolies. Then after rinsing the wheels I thoroughly clean the bucket and WWs before proceeding to the bodywork. I have two mits for the body, one for the top three quarters and one for the inevitably dirtier lower bits.

Wheel woollies. We are not worthy lol

Wheel woollies. We are not worthy lol

Each on is meticulously crafted from 1000 pubic hairs handpicked by a dedicated team of selfless experts from Abyssinian virgins who have spent the preceding 6 months on a diet of Beluga caviar and
Moët et Chandon Dom Perignon.
B9F08638-77D7-43FB-8267-7C80CBF1D47E.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom