• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Two-car dream garages | Six of the Best c63 507

I had an SL400 and an Audi S6 Avant but with a bit of man maths combined my perfect two car garage into one car that covered both. I also found one of them never really got used properly (less than 3000 miles a year).

20220826_114655c.jpg

I still browse daily of course but honestly the EV that I have as a daily runaround is a perfect second car. When it's up for replacement I'll get another EV with more range but it won't be anything fancy (having tried a Taycan and it not working for us). As long as it will do a real world 200miles+ that will cover pretty much every daily requirement.

The thing about a dream garage is, if you're ever actually presented with the opportunity of it becoming a reality things change. Mostly for reasons you've never thought of, because you never actually expected it to happen.

I did actually consider a new Alpina B5 Touring instead of the FF, but when I crunched the numbers, including depreciation. The FF was actually a less expensive ownership proposition so it was an easy choice if I could find one I wanted.

Having thought about it a bit more and with an unlimited budget I'd probably have something built. Restomod type thing by Retropower. A 560SEC AMG with E63 (6.2V8 running gear) or a BMW E9 with an LS3. Something oddball and custom. There's little in the way of modern vehicles that appeal to me any more.

Last edited:
Brabus tuned E63 W213 saloon (everyday driver with big boot, family sized inside etc....that just happens to be silly fast!).....no silly "B" grille badge though,,,,hate it....stick to the three pointer! Hyacinth or Blue please...with grey or beige leather.
V10plus Audi R8 DTM or Lemans replica...again tuned. Alongside the way too common 911 (which would be the choice if there was no R8) its a great weekend toy without the highly strung nature (read expensive to maintain (even DIY) and unreliable!) of Italian super cars.

What they would definitely not be is EV, Estate, or convertible......and DEFINITELY not SUV!
brabus-800.jpg
nico-muller-team-rosberg-audi--1.jpg

Last edited:
I'll have a Dodge Demon please 🙂

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

My mate Dave has

A custom order c36

A supercharged w202 c43

A stock low mile w202 c43

The ultimate w204 c63

A late w204 c180 - thats ample for now

F40 maybe sometime in the future.

Pretty happy with my current garage tbh .
GLC 63S - Daily
Ariel Atom 3 Supercharged - Fun / track car
Ducati Streetfighter V4 S - 2 wheel kicks

Going back to the original question though . Dream 2 car garage would be :
Porsche Cayman GT4RS
Lamborghini Urus

Which I will still strive for 👍

I’ve not posted so far because I find it really difficult to pin it down to just two dream cars - my dream two car garage would change most days! Strange because in real life it has never been a problem!

Mercedes W100 600 Grosser
Ferrari F355 in Giallo Modena ( Yellow )

Actually I do have a real soft spot for the Brooklands Coupe, my word they are enormous though!
Me too. They do have majestic proportions - exactly how a Bentley should be - but they would be very difficult to use in real life circumstances unless parking at the other end was both generous and easy to access.

Me too. They do have majestic proportions - exactly how a Bentley should be - but they would be very difficult to use in real life circumstances unless parking at the other end was both generous and easy to access.
Honeslty I struggle a bit with the FF, the turning circle isn't great so any parking that's remotely tight is difficult and ends up with 7 point turns.

A Brooklands is another two feet longer but about the same width.

The doors also add an extra level of nuisance, they are so long you need a fair sized gap to open them enough to be able to get out. I often feel like I'm doing some sort of sideways limbo getting back in. Really not graceful.

Honeslty I struggle a bit with the FF, the turning circle isn't great so any parking that's remotely tight is difficult and ends up with 7 point turns.

A Brooklands is another two feet longer but about the same width.

The doors also add an extra level of nuisance, they are so long you need a fair sized gap to open them enough to be able to get out. I often feel like I'm doing some sort of sideways limbo getting back in. Really not graceful.
One of the changes introduced on the GTC4Lusso was four wheel steering which helps with manoeuvrability - especially in cars with limited turning circle using the front axle only - but it doesn't make the car any narrower unfortunately!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom