Two Majors in a row...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

renault12ts

MB Club Veteran
Car
2005 W215 CL500.
Well done Rory McIlroy for winning the USPGA three weeks after the Open (and another win in between)!!

An excellent achievement. He seems to have got over the breakup with his girlfriend sho' nuff.

As a keen hacker myself I can only marvel at the skill and technique of all tour golfers, so to be consistently the best of the best is no mean achievement. To see someone like Ernie Els hit the ball over three hundred yards with what looks like the same effort I use for shutting the car door is unreal.

I like this one from Bobby Jones.

Golf is the only game I know of that actually becomes harder the longer you play it.

It's his job.

Indeed it is but if I did my job as well as he does his I would be mightily pleased.
Reading the Daily Torygraph this morning he is supported by a Team, the majority of which are either family or long standing friends. I hope he keeps it all going and doesn't get caught in the technobabble of the Butch Harmon's of this world. :thumb:

He is proving to be a top contender with tigers reputation within his grasp...nearly time to start calling him English!:thumb:

Tony.

A Great British sporting success, just like Andy Murray was until he turned back Scottish.

With the money these guys earn playing games, I always said that if I had a Son, I would give him a set of sticks and a little white ball, A snooker stick and a set of pointy arrow dart things;) and he would earn a lot of money, Pity I didn't put my thoughts into action, but at least I have a great 14 year old lad who enjoys Rugby and soon to become a Black Belt at Taekwondo. not as big an earner, but a sport for men and a proud Dad as well:bannana:

BAZZER1

Theres only one thing I hate more than golf and thats "Golfers"

I was such a disapointment to my Father not showing the slightest interest in it so he showed no interest in me

ergo $hite childhood

and no change 30 years later

You have to be impressed! To stay at the very top level of whatever field you're in is a massive challenge.

The sport itself is not for me though, I think I'd rather watch paint dry.

Dont knock it till you tried it!...But be warned it gets hold of you...

Tony.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom