Two Mercedes-Benz Grosser 600's. Black or Blue?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ringway

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
2017 Audi RS6 Avant Performance Edition. Range Rover Supercharged - Lovely!
The black car is fantastic. LINK.

However, I don't think I've ever seen anything as beautiful as this. LINK.

Both cars are beautiful and how about the number plate on the blue one?

how about the number plate on the blue one?

A very descriptive term for those cars…..I watched a couple of episode of Jay Leno's Garage on YouTube last night, one on his 600 and one on his 300 6.3. Mr Leno tried very hard to emphasise how expensive parts were for the 600 to warn people only to buy good examples e.g. twelve thousand dollars for a door switch, fifteen for a boot catch, I think it was. Worth a watch.

PS He now owns that Spitfire engine Bentley lookalike that was on TopGear- also worth a watch.

Very nice examples.

"0.0 Avg. MPG" sounds a bit optimistic!

GPM probably.

Utterly gorgeous cars, the 600s.

That blue one has been for sale for a very long time at that Scottish dealer. Before that, it was with Avantgarde and before that privately available for about half the price it is now.

There is/was a similar blue coloured 600, but with velour interior, floating around for £85k which makes me wonder as to the price of the Edinburgh car.

Price notwithstanding, they are tremendous cars from a time when seemingly money was no object for the Mercedes R&D department!

Darren

Derek Mowat sells a lot of Bentleys and Rollers and can be a tad expensive for that reason perhaps ? You would require quite a long garage!

I was very close to buying the blue one...
At less than half the advertised price...
I would have bought it, but a better one came along.

The black one has leaking suspension...

Last edited:
I was very close to buying the blue one...
At less than half the advertised price...
I would have bought it, but a better one came along.

Did you buy it?

Didn't clarkson only a few years back buy one for 25k. Wow they have appreciated since.

Amazing cars. The wood in the blue one is fantastic.

Two great 600's the white wall tyres on the black one is all wrong, the blue one is perfect.

My favourite MB. A friend of mine had one in the early 70's which I got to drive occasionally.

He used to race a MB Pontoon at the classic races at Brands, so he was a very capable driver. He had a Pub in Ham (Surrey ) and a Hotel in Lydd ( Kent ). We used to go down to Lydd quite often, the way the 600 used to handle on those B roads was unbelievable.

I was very lucky young man to experience such a car. That is why I became a MB enthusiast.

Those where the days :rock:

Last edited:
Didn't clarkson only a few years back buy one for 25k. Wow they have appreciated since.

Yes. And promptly had a £22,000 service bill compared to May's two hundred and something I think it was.:eek:

biturbo said:

The blue one is way overpriced. It's a lovely car.. When it was up for £60k it was for sale for months maybe a year or so..
I went to see it.. I wanted a little money off, but seller, although a nice guy, was being pretty stubborn and I got annoyed with his take it or leave it attitude. Then another one came up..
Anyway then it appeared at avantgarde, not surprisingly as they know each other, the owner had bought other classics from avantgarde..
There was no price, indicating he wanted 6 figures. Not sure if avantgarde actually bought the car or sold it on commission. Either way it ended up with a Scottish collector.
A friend of mine spotted it on Harley street in london last summer.

Anyway what I'm saying is I don't think it's worth 125k, but it's pretty, only takes one to buy it!

Going price for nice short wheel base 600's is around 50-60k at the moment in this continent.. They should be worth a lot more, but maintenance costs helps keep the value of these cars in check.

Seriously, Jay, I'd love to see it one day if you are ever around when I'm passing through, or maybe at the GTG? :thumb:

Seriously, Jay, I'd love to see it one day if you are ever around when I'm passing through, or maybe at the GTG? :thumb:

So would I :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom