Two tone or solid

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sbryantgb

Car
2000 SLK200 Kompressor
Warmer weather will soon be upon us, and it will be time for a respray. I can't decide though on wether to keep the car in a two tone scheme or go for just one solid colour

paint.jpg

exhaust5.jpg

The angle and lighting in the top picture makes the car almost appear to be a single solid colour, the lower shows more of the colour difference. I am not changing the basic colour of the car (which I believe is Anthracite grey 174) So given my uncertainty I thought I would ask what you all thought.... Solid or two tone?

Warmer weather will soon be upon us, and it will be time for a respray. I can't decide though on wether to keep the car in a two tone scheme or go for just one solid colour

paint.jpg

exhaust5.jpg

The angle and lighting in the top picture makes the car almost appear to be a single solid colour, the lower shows more of the colour difference. I am not changing the basic colour of the car (which I believe is Anthracite grey 174) So given my uncertainty I thought I would ask what you all thought.... Solid or two tone?

Solid for me

Solid 2 tone dates it badly IMO

Last edited:
I like it 2 tone , but then I am biased.....
DSC_0225.jpg

Two tone makes me thing of crappy old Granadas with blue and silver.

But I actually quite like the first example... the colour combo suits that car.

Solid seems to be the general concensus, someone suggested that I use just one colour, but add a 10% matting solution for the lower panels. This would give a slightly darker shade of the body colour> Which sounds quite attractive

Definitely solid, I'm having my 124 done solid next week.

Two tone makes me thing of crappy old Granadas with blue and silver.

But I actually quite like the first example... the colour combo suits that car.

Crappy old Granada's................ You have no soul!!!!

i think thats the only colour that looks good in two tone.

My dad used to have a green X-reg Granada 2.8 Ghia X back in the day.. that thing was a belter!

Two tone every time. Its a 1990s car. Its supposed to look "dated". If you go for solid then give the panels/bumpers a slightly matt finish.

originality is best.

would there not be a big cost saving by only needing to do the upper body then ?

pictures do not show a need for respray.

Do you want to keep the car in original condition?

Agree with GP801 and kth286 - two tone

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom