Two visits to Merc and they cant fix my 2015 WD212

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MB James

Car
S-Class W222
Last week I took my 2015 E-class in to Mercedes (Sytner) for a major service.
£600. (100,000 miles)
The next day after driving approx 50 miles, the engine diagnostics light came on and I noticed the car was sluggish uphill and I couldn't select Manual mode.
Took the car back in to Merc. and they fixed it in 10mins. Apparently a faulty wire.
The next day same problem. Took it back again the following day. This time they gave me a courtesy car. Picked it up in the evening and they said, its fixed. New Airflow sensor and re-jigged the gears. Technician says its purely coincidence this has happened the day after its service.
Next day, engine diagnostics light came on again. I've driven it all weekend like this. (I'm a chauffeur, so I need the car for work).
Going to give them one last chance to fix it on Wednesday before I call Merc head office. They plainly don't know whats wrong with the car/how to fix it. Other than taking it to a different dealership I don't know what to do. Another dealership would be an hour away, and because Sytner are my local Merc and they serviced it, I'm inclined to stick with them. I cant take it to an Indy because the car is under warranty.

Anyone have any ideas what I should do?

you can take to an indy
eu warranty states that you can take to any joe bloggs garage and as long as oem parts are used warranty is not affected
sure will be corrected if wrong, but recall that the status as still in eu at moment!

also, no harm in taking to an indy and they can scan it on star and better advise you of issue even if you go back to sytner

If the car is purchased on finance the finance company, as owners, can dictate where the car is serviced.

It's on merc finance. I'm going to give Sytner one last chance and then I'll call customer service. My local Indy is top notch. Anything they do though, they will charge me for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom