Type of MAS for 1999 e200..Please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

greenfrog

Car
e200 estate 1999
Hi,

Just had my car service and told it was running like a dog. Needs a new MAS.
Quoted £270 plus fitting. Told me It would be around the £400 mark with fitting.

It seems to be a very basic task to fit one, and there are a few threads to this issue already with good info.

I need to find out what type it is. Is it a bosch? is it a Piedburg (What ever it is called)? I have a local bosch dealer in my area but he wants to know part numbers before he can quote. all the part numbers are merc and not bosch?

The body has those stupid tamperproof torx heads so I cannot take it apart to see if its branded :mad:

Can anyone help with a part number?

E200 Estate. 1999 pre facelift.

Thanks in advance.

Eurocarparts (www.eurocarparts.co.uk) are listing a Bosch sensor for this model at £239 + VAT but want your old one in exchange.
The web page gives a part number but no idea if its a Bosch one or a proprietary Eurocarparts one. You might be able to match it up with one on your unit.

Thats spooky.

I have just been to Eurocarparts myself. and found the same info (must have been their at the same time).

The part numbers dont seem to match. I think that it is a eurocarpart number.

It seems more pricy that the merc part. At least I now its a Bosch part.

Thanks for looking.

For clk 320 1999, bosch one is 172 + vat at eurocarparts. You can use pliers to undo those screws. Carefuly use pliers on the side of the screws and should be easy. Or you can but tamperproof screwdriver at your local Halfords. Think that you need to get someone with star computer to reset whatever needs to be reset. I think, not sure, better check.

Regards

Two small screwdrivers wedged into the screw head will undo the torx screws.

There isn't anything to reset after the MAF is changed.

Yeah, good point.

Does a dealer need to reset anything after the replacement is installed?

I can see why people get fed up and just let the dealer rip them off.

(Ignore...Dieselman replied first) Thanks Dieselman

Last edited:
greenfrog said:
Hi,

Just had my car service and told it was running like a dog. Needs a new MAS.
Quoted £270 plus fitting. Told me It would be around the £400 mark with fitting.

SNIP8<

I need to find out what type it is. Is it a bosch? is it a Piedburg (What ever it is called)? I have a local bosch dealer in my area but he wants to know part numbers before he can quote. all the part numbers are merc and not bosch?

SNIP8<

Can anyone help with a part number?

E200 Estate. 1999 pre facelift.

Thanks in advance.

Check part numbers very carefully. I have heard that one MAS used in some cars is also used in the van, and Mercedes charge about half the price if you ask for a van MAS rather than the car one. :D

They may, of course, ask for a VIN "To make sure you receive the correct part sir" :rolleyes:

Stratman said:
Check part numbers very carefully. I have heard that one MAS used in some cars is also used in the van, and Mercedes charge about half the price if you ask for a van MAS rather than the car one. :D

They may, of course, ask for a VIN "To make sure you receive the correct part sir" :rolleyes:

Not true.

All CDi engined cars and vans use the same MAF, at OMG, the same price, £44 at the last count.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom