Typical Insurance bloomin people....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Koolvin

Administrator
Staff member
Car
W168, W169 & S202
Got a letter this morning,

The other insurers are disputing liability and now I have to write a little report and draw a sketch...

They are also asking for any witness details.... all I had was a passenger...

Looks like this is going to be a difficult claim because a lane change was involved by the other party.

This sounds standard.

I would expect it to be normal for them to dispute liability ! Somehow can't imagine them paying up unless their insured party has been crazy enough given you a written statement admitting liability or something (which incidentally you should never do at the scene of an accident, even if you believe it was your fault !!!)

Fill in the form . . . . tell it like it happened. I think the way it works is that your insurance company will always pay for all the work to be done first anyway, and then claim from the other guy's company once liability is established.

I'm sure we have some insurance experts on here that can advise !

S.

I agree with the previous two posts... I had to write a report and draw a sketch in my accident last year even where the evidence of blame was 100% clear cut out of 4 cars involved, and she even admitted it was her fault.

P.S. I actually did two sketches, before & after, included muchos digital photos and typed the report / sketches in addition to filling out (handwriting) the obligatory insurance claim form.

S.

Koolvin,

This is standard procedure mate.

I was involved in an accident in my W202 in May 2003. The accident was not my fault.

The car was so badly damaged that my insurace company wrote it off.

I then got a letter from the third party insurers who denied liabilty and said that I was to blame for the accident.

I passed the details onto my solicitors (I paid for legal expenses as part of my insurance premium) who then took the matter up on my behalf. The solicitors charges are paid for by he legal expenses cover so no charge to me!

After pressure from the solicitors the third party insurers finally admitted liabilty and I am now in the process of claiming back my uninsured losses ie insurance excess, loss of earning, personal injury, etc.

Hang on in there mate - use legal representation if you have to. You might already have it as part of your insurance policy.

Typical of these insurance companies to deny liabilty even if the facts are clear that their driver was to blame!! They're even disputing the payout that my insurance company gave me for my vehicle! Stupid tw@ts!

Hope this helps

Paresh

Had the same thing last year when some 17 year old kid ploughed into the side of me in his 1.1 Fiesta "XR2". Hed only passed his test 3 days earlier but his parents rang me 3 days after the crash saying there wass no way it could have been their darling sons fault cause he was a good driver.
Naturally i took the greatest pleasure in telling them how as soon as the accident had happened I made Darling "schumacher" Son to write on an old envelope how the whole thing was completely his fault and sign it.
His confession even included the line " I agree I was driving like a tosser and trying to impress the girls outside the shop".

Originally posted by pepe

His confession even included the line " I agree I was driving like a tosser and trying to impress the girls outside the shop".

BRILLIANT ! I MUST REMEMBER THAT ONE !
:D :D

If anyone else has a problem with motor insurance CP me for advice as I own an insurance brokers.

If you have a non-fault claim and have no solicitor/uninsured loss cover then I can generally get this retrospectively for free for you, along with possibly a hire car.

I hasten to add I earn nothing from this and the firm I use are the most tenacious bunch when it comes to getting money back. If they cannot do it no-one can. Also and most importantly, they do not take the mickey with jacked up hire car charges etc as in my experience this massively delays claims and makes me look bad.

Finally it is almost standard practice for third party insurers to write letters blaming the innocent party. Don't take it to heart they are just trying it on.

Koolvin,

Please tell me that it is not the other parties co that are asking you to do this stuff......

Originally posted by StuartB
Koolvin,

Please tell me that it is not the other parties co that are asking you to do this stuff......

Nope it was a letter from Crusader recovery claims handlers to myself...

Brilliant, you had me worried for a minute there.

I had an issue like this which became really messy.

The claims handlers for the "opposition" even went to the scene and took photographs of the wrong junction because the road markings at that junction substantiated their claim wheras the the markings on the correct junction could have only corroborated my case.

They refused to pay and we were going to court before there was a settlement.

It only took three years!!! :mad: :mad:

Had a Bike accident in June 2002.
Bike paid for by own insurance co. as other tosser was not insured. Out of pocket expenses and personal injury costs are due to be paid by the MIB (motor insurance bureau not Men in Black) However, my Solicitor tells me that I'll have to forgo £300 of the eventual payment to put back into the MIB coffers to fund future payouts to other people who get whacked by the unwashed, sorry!- Uninsured.

So there I am, Mr Innocent, fully comp insurance, all legal, MOT certificate, newish tyres, sunny day, dry road. Bastard pulls out of side road right in front of me. So it costs me £300 of my own money that I've paid tax on. I've already paid for the MIB as part of my insurance premium haven't I? The other guy is probably sitting on a leather armchair and drinking alcohol paid for by the money he saved by not having insurance.

Justice??? Yeah, Right.

They are not all bad.

One call got my alloys added and a Green Card for free.

Originally posted by GrahamC230K
They are not all bad.

One call got my alloys added and a Green Card for free.
Everything I ask DirectLine for is free, I got Koolvin insured to drive my car for a week for nothing, I had my mate also as a named driver for nothing for a fortnight. Business use is free, when I get a courtesy car from the stealership I am covered for free to drive it. I guess that's what the extortionate premium pays for! :rolleyes:

yeah - your premium can only get so high m8 ! Their computer can't cope with any more !! LOL.

S.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom