Typical Servicing Cost - Bucks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fitnessuk

Car
C220 CDI
Could anyone advise as to where I can go for a routine car service in Buckinghamshire? I just moved here from the States and would definitely appreciate recommendations. Also, how much would a service typically cost?

I'd also like to get my car detailed/valeted - any suggestions for a mobile facility?

Best!

Could anyone advise as to where I can go for a routine car service in Buckinghamshire? I just moved here from the States and would definitely appreciate recommendations. Also, how much would a service typically cost?

I'd also like to get my car detailed/valeted - any suggestions for a mobile facility?

Best!

What part of Bucks are you in?

I've just checked 3 dealers for the price of a B-service including brake fluid change and received 3-different prices, differing by as much as 133-pounds.
Greenoaks (Ascot + Reading same price) 408 pounds
Tony Purslow Basingstoke 488 pounds
Tony Purslow Guildford 541
This excercise is very interesting - they will not quote an hourly rate but say that the prices are fixed Mercedes Benz servicing costs - clearly not - not even within the same group!

So I guess it pays to shop around if convenient.

It probably is fixed cost - as in a fixed cost for that job in that dealership. Probably same number of hours based upon their manual. Labour costs may well differ though...

My car's in Greenoaks shiny new Ascot garage today and it's started already:
needs fuel filter + 70 pounds
needs wiper blades +30 pounds
needs new rear tyres (I'll get them elsewhere!)
I'm just waiting for the call re new brake pads - and if that happens I'll look for an independent to do that work.

Hi-

I am in the Amersham area.

The service I am referring to is the one that is every 12-15k miles. I don't know what that is called in England as it's different in the US. They don't call it A, B or C service over there.....

Thanks for the replies!

Hi-

I am in the Amersham area.

The service I am referring to is the one that is every 12-15k miles. I don't know what that is called in England as it's different in the US. They don't call it A, B or C service over there.....

Thanks for the replies!

Pity you can't get it done for US prices - Mercedes servicing there is *much* cheaper than in the UK. Until very recently is was free for the first 4 years, and I gather that dealers will often do intermediate oil changes free of charge.

Pity you can't get it done for US prices - Mercedes servicing there is *much* cheaper than in the UK. Until very recently is was free for the first 4 years, and I gather that dealers will often do intermediate oil changes free of charge.

Go for a day trip to France -- gather it's cheaper there and you can buy some nice wine ...

As an aside - to service my wife's Honda CR-V in Spain cost €145 to have it serviced here cost £165....hmmmm not another thread starting on rip off Britain....

Synthetic oil in France is about one third the price you pay in the UK.
Why?:confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom