Tyre advice needed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dabthesaab

Car
E220d coupe prem +
Due to change my rears on a 65 plate w205 250 d need 205/40 R 18Y on second set of Conti's and nearly 19k on car.I am not a boy racer but enjoy driving but does anyone think this milage is good or any experience with other brands.
Many thanks to all who advise

My 245X18 rear contis on my e 350 are currently at 12500 MLS, still with a good/reasonable tread depth, maybe you are "boy racering" more than you think. :dk:

I get 17000 miles from rears, considerably more on the fronts.

I've got 36000 miles out of my ContiEcoContact5s on my Volvo XC60 (FWD) and the worst of the four tyres has just over 5mm of tread, the others at 5.5. I did swap the front and rears about 10k miles ago.

It's a pretty impressive feat for a heavy car with a very torquey engine.

I actually got the car last may with 11300 on clock [from main MB dealer]and rears were contis 5 but not MO not new and most milage is motorway [France for a week and Spain for 2.5 weeks] and really are gentle to my car.I have put on 7k prob 1000 to 1500 miles left.Maybe it because not MO ?

I'm on 52k and I will be on my 5th set of tyres very soon. 2013 E250 Class Cabriolet. Always have Conti's and last time had Sport Contact 6 on. It's on 19" wheels. First name terms with tyre company lol.

My rear tyres have gone from new to 3mm in 12.5k miles. Pirelli PZero MO.

I actually got the car last may with 11300 on clock [from main MB dealer]and rears were contis 5 but not MO not new and most milage is motorway [France for a week and Spain for 2.5 weeks] and really are gentle to my car.I have put on 7k prob 1000 to 1500 miles left.Maybe it because not MO ?

With that kind of driving I have been getting 20k on rears but Michelin not Continental. Got 30k out of the fronts. 220d though so less torque going through the rears I suppose.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom