Tyre Advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vghiya

Car
GLE 300D
Hi All,

Need some help on whether to repair or replace as tire as I am getting different advice from different people. I have a GLE 300D with 70 plate. I had a flat tyre yesterday. RAC came over and temporarily fixed the tyre. They suggested to take it to a dealer. Dealer tole me that its a PNCS tyre. Also, the puncture is too close to the wall. Therefore, It cant be repaired. He quoted me 350 quid to replace the tyre. I read on the internet that PNCS tyres can be repaired. Therefore, 2 quick questions just to make sure the dealer is saying the right things:

1) Is it true PNCS tyres cant be repaired. If that true that I am sure this tyre business may cost me a bundle as punctures are part and parcel of every day wear and tear.
2) If PCNS tyres can be repaired then can this tyre be repaired? Please see attached picture

Also, is it worth going to a dealer as it appears same tyre can be replaced 100 quid cheaper at other places.

p.s.- TYRE is Pirreli P Zero 275/45 21 107Y MOS 4G.

Attachments

• Tyre Image.jpeg
    Tyre Image.jpeg
    264.5 KB · Views: 10
Hi All,

Need some help on whether to repair or replace as tire as I am getting different advice from different people. I have a GLE 300D with 70 plate. I had a flat tyre yesterday. RAC came over and temporarily fixed the tyre. They suggested to take it to a dealer. Dealer tole me that its a PNCS tyre. Also, the puncture is too close to the wall. Therefore, It cant be repaired. He quoted me 350 quid to replace the tyre. I read on the internet that PNCS tyres can be repaired. Therefore, 2 quick questions just to make sure the dealer is saying the right things:

1) Is it true PNCS tyres cant be repaired. If that true that I am sure this tyre business may cost me a bundle as punctures are part and parcel of every day wear and tear.
2) If PCNS tyres can be repaired then can this tyre be repaired? Please see attached picture

Also, is it worth going to a dealer as it appears same tyre can be replaced 100 quid cheaper at other places.

p.s.- TYRE is Pirreli P Zero 275/45 21 107Y MOS 4G.
Looks ok to me not that close to the wall get a second opinion

Too close to the wall IMO

PNCS tyres can be repaired but require the noise cancelling foam to be removed and refitted. Not all tyre shops will do that.
IMHO I would replace that tyre..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom