Tyre change

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fergalw204

Car
C220 sport facelift
I have a 2011 W204 auto and my Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymemtric 3's are due to be changed, i want to put all season tyres on this time because it was a little tricky last year in the snow and icy conditions.
The problem is i can only find one all season tyre to fit the rear at 255/35/18.
Has anyone came across any other tyre apart from Bridgestone weather control, reading the reviews there not great, surly there must be another all season tyre to fit the rear.
I am thinking of fitting MICHELIN CrossClimate+ on the front maybe.

Is there possibly a winter tyre that performs like an all season and not going to disintegrate when the ambient temp climbs up.

Drop the rear to 245 35 18 . For more choice. Ive watched videos of those 2 tyres .if you can believe them the Bridgestone comes out ontop of the cross climates. Im toying with fitting the Bridgestone all round at a gulping £470.

Is there possibly a winter tyre that performs like an all season and not going to disintegrate when the ambient temp climbs up.

One thing I've noticed in many European countries, where temps in summer can reach over 40C, is a lot of cars have winter tyres on all year round and nobody seems to worry about it.

Drop the rear to 245 35 18 . For more choice. Ive watched videos of those 2 tyres .if you can believe them the Bridgestone comes out ontop of the cross climates. Im toying with fitting the Bridgestone all round at a gulping £470.
Is it possible to drop the size down to 245/35/18 without any issues? it would certainly help alot if so?

The reviews i looked at were on tyrereviews with the Continental AllSeasonContact beating the Bridgestones in every section.

Bridgestone Weather Control A005

Continental AllSeasonContact

scrap that, I cant see any all season tires at 245/35/18.
I may just have to go with the Bridgestones after all, its looking increasingly like my only option.

This is a handy calculator for rim width /aspect ratio/ rolling circumference.
Tyre size calculators - Carbibles
You can compare various tyre size configurations. Going down to 245 or up to 265 yields a difference of approx -1 or +1 % in rolling circumference or around 1 mph in speedo innaccuracy.
On modern cars where rolling circumference comes into play is in modern stability systems which operate by monitoring differing wheel speeds and acting to maintain stability by selective braking of individual wheels. These have to operate within certain speed difference constraints as normal -say up to 2-3% [ don't have the exact figures to mind sorry] Operating with tyres outside this window is liable to illuminate the ABS/ESP warning lights .

Im running 245 35 18 on my 204 without issues.

Last edited:
Cheers, I will go with the Bridgestones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom