Tyre choice ????

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Deeppockets

Car
Vito 109 cdi
Hi Guys
Just fitted some 19" amg rims to my w639 Vito
They have 235/35/19 tyres fitted
What would the best tyre size to fit on this size rim I would like a bit thicker side wall to the tyre, but don't really no alot about the rubber.

I would take into account the load rating. A 55 sidewall tyre for the Vito has to have a minimum load rating of 101.

Last edited:
19" rims on a Vito?! What were the wheels on originally?

The guy told me off a 96 c class, and bugger me they are wide just shy of the body work!

19" rims on a Vito?! What were the wheels on originally?

The 18" wheels on the Brabus Sport X give quite a harsh/bumpy ride. Look good though. ;)

Yep the ride nice but!!! I had a slight rubbing from d/side front end before" another forum there's a guy on there says could be intermitante bearing on the drive shaft now it seems louder!

I am just sorting tyres for my 639 Vito, the important bit is the loading, it has to be 102. I only have the 16s on mine, I would like a set of 17s if I am lucky enough to find some. As Bill said insurers need to know about different wheels bein fitted.

You will also not get away with claiming that you thought 19" AMGs were factory fit ;)

Particularly with the wrong offset, rolling radius, and load rating ...

Right guys I am gunna ditch the wheels I bought spoke to a guy at project x in clevedon, he addvise me the tyres are five times too small!!!! And why haven't I killed my self!
Now am looking at a set of amg five spokes on eBay
They are 8.5 j can I fit 225/40/19 to keep the wheel inside the arch?? Or do I need a smaller width wheel poss 7"
I think I would like to stick with the 19" rims
And help guys would be great
The first set of rims were 235/35/19 and stick out from the body of the Vito.

Now am looking at a set of amg five spokes on eBay
They are 8.5 j can I fit 225/40/19 to keep the wheel inside the arch?? Or do I need a smaller width wheel poss 7"
I think I would like to stick with the 19" rims
And help guys would be great
The first set of rims were 235/35/19 and stick out from the body of the Vito.
Two wheels designed to fit the same car will sit in exactly the same position within the arch no matter how wide because the offset will cancel the difference out. You need to pick wheels which were designed for the van range (I think a couple of the SUVs use the same wheel dimensions too).

Thanks guys back to the drawing board

And as above, check with your insurer first unless you fancy having no cover. Many companies don't like mods. of any kind to vans, including non-standard wheels.

WHat does the Brabus X sport van run on?

Are they 18"

Would it not be easier to serch for them?

Yup they are 18s. Obviously they have the correct load rating too, which is a big help.

But if you put them on a Vito that wasn't delivered & registered as a Sport X you are still likely to have a problem getting insurance. Van insurers like them to be in standard factory spec.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom